autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mothers Waterless Wash & Wax

I received a surprise package from Jimmy D at Mothers a week or so ago containing Mothers newest product, Mothers California Gold Waterless Wash & Wax. I use waterless washes on almost every detail but rarely do I use them to wash a car. I normally use them for door and trunk jambs, bird bombs, water spots and the occasional dusty car normally from sitting in the garage. I like the total control I have of the spray and they clean and generally make short work of these often neglected areas. But that’s where they all fall short in comparison to Mothers new offering they simply clean.

Mothers Waterless Wash & Wax not only does everything the others do but also leaves behind some protection in the form of a spray on wax. So for me in the case of doing door jambs my normal routine would be to use a waterless wash then follow behind with a spray wax. So in essence I’m doing two tasks at once and saving a lot of time and money in the process. I no longer need to have a waterless wash or quick detailer type of product along with a spray wax. This one product has replaced two for me in the manner in which I use them.

Product Claims From Autogeek Store:
    Mothers California Gold Waterless Wash & Wax removes dirt and road film while depositing a glossy layer of wax protection in one step! Mothers California Gold Waterless Wash & Wax is the quick and easy way to wash your car without dragging out the hose and bucket. Mothers California Gold Waterless Wash & Wax is perfect if you live in an apartment complex or an area where water restrictions are in place. Best of all, washing your car this way takes 5 minutes or less!

It’s no secret that Mothers is one of the last companies to introduce a waterless wash, but that’s okay because good things take time! Instead of rushing a half-baked product to the market, the team at Mothers spent a great amount of time testing and tweaking their formula until it was absolutely perfect. Simply put, you’re going to love Mothers California Gold Waterless Wash & Wax!

Mothers California Gold Waterless Wash & Wax removes dirt, road film, dust, bird droppings and fresh water spots with a spray and a wipe – it’s that simple! Not only does Mothers clean your paint without water, it deposits a glossy layer of wax protection at the same time. After treating your vehicle with Mothers California Gold Waterless Wash & Wax the paint will be left clean, shiny, and slick.

Mothers California Gold Waterless Wash & Wax is so easy to use that anyone can reap the benefits of this amazing product. Simply spray a liberal amount of waterless wash directly onto your paint and wipe clean with a soft, plush microfiber towel. Use a second clean, dry towel to lightly buff the area to a brilliant gloss. That’s it! Use Mothers California Gold Waterless Wash & Wax on paint, glass, chrome, plastic trim and any other hard exterior surface.

Details:
    1.- Packaging: Plastic bottle with trigger sprayer
    2.- Directions: Clearly labeled
    3.- Viscosity: About the same as water
    4.- Color: Milky
    5.- Scent: Double Bubble Chewing Gum
    6.- Price at time of review: 24 oz = $ 11.99
    7.- Manufacturer: Mothers Polishes - Waxes - Cleaners
    8.- Made in: USA

Other Products Used:

16x16 MF
    Application:
    Simply spray a liberal amount of waterless wash directly onto your paint and wipe clean with a soft, plush microfiber towel. Use a second clean, dry towel to lightly buff the area to a brilliant gloss. That’s it!

Pros:
    1.- Cleans well.
    2.- Pleasant smell
    3.- Leave a fantastic slick finish
    4.- Easy to use.

Cons:

1. None in my mind but some may say the price is high in comparison to the others out there but do the others also leave behind a wax coating. So considering its doing the job of two products then the price is in line.

Final Observations and Summary:

I really like this product, once again Mothers has another winner. For my personal cars and to my eyes, it is an easy choice.
    As I said earlier I don’t normally wash cars with a waterless product but to test it out I used it on my Tuxedo Black SHO. The car was moderately dirty to my standards and the air temperature was hot and very humid it had rained most of the day. I figured it was good test it out to see how well it cleaned and whether or not it was going to be difficult to wipe off and leave streaks with the high humidity. Well it did one and not the other. It cleaned very well and left absolutely no streaks with just a normal amount of wiping that you would expect. The humidity had no effect on it what’s so ever.
    The results:

How dirty is too dirty is the question that seems to be asked a lot. Well in my opinion these door jambs are too dirty for a waterless wash. The way I handled these was to rinse them off first to get all the heavy dirt off then use Mothers Waterless Was & Wax. I think they came out great.

Thank you for viewing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers Waterless Wash & Wax

Good review! Question: did you use the product in the sun? The after pics look to be in the sun, so I wasn't sure.
    2011 Toyota Camry SE - Magnetic Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful review!! I liked the product so much it is now in my emergency bag for my car in case of bird bombs. I have that and alot of MF towels!! Way cool review!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CDot View Post
    Good review! Question: did you use the product in the sun? The after pics look to be in the sun, so I wasn't sure.
    No, I used it in the garage. The pictures are from the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Wonderful review!! I liked the product so much it is now in my emergency bag for my car in case of bird bombs. I have that and alot of MF towels!! Way cool review!!
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Just placed an order for a bottle since it's on sale. Can't wait to give it a try.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing