autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Blackfire Total Trim & Tire Sealant

Up next in the Blackfire goodie bag is Trim & Tire Sealant. This is the second time I have used it. The first time I was testing it out and I was having some slight issues with it. I guess I should have read the directions on the bottle stating to use a microfiber applicator instead of foam.

BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant, plastic trim restorer, tire coating, long lasting tire shine

Prior to anything I gave the trim a wipedown with some Meguiar's D103 APC+ to prep the surface.

Here's the bottle

The directions stating to use a microfiber applicator.

The product is a grey lotion consistency.

I used my brothers car to test it out on since he left it with me while he is on vacation. The trim was not bad as Wolfgang Exterior did an excellent job on it. This was just a refresher after a few months. It came out good. Nothing overly glossy.

His cold air intake box is also plastic and it made a good candidate for it.

Before

After

Using a microfiber applicator made a big difference. It made it easier to apply and work the product into the plastic. Especially on textured plastic. On rubber that's a different story. It doesn't play well when I used it with a foam applicator or with a microfiber applicator. When applying the product on rubber, my recommendation is to not work it in. Instead just apply it with a single pass and then add another coat after a couple minutes if needed. The reason for this is because the product becomes like a gummy substance. It reminds me of eraser shavings. The surface was cool to the touch so that wasn't the issue.

For the most part it worked well. Other than the finicky behavior on any rubber surface. It's also a pain if it gets on glass so be sure to tape off any areas or clean right way with some glass cleaner. It's too early to tell how good the longevity is in comparison to Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant which I use regularly. Overall it's a solid product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Total Trim & Tire Sealant

My wgts is about done. (The bottle). I have this in reserve to try. Thanks for the review.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Total Trim & Tire Sealant

I noticed it got about a shade darker the next day after application . It does give a nice clean look I thought . Nice review bro , thanks ....

Daren