autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: HD polishes!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I used a new HT tangerine. I had dusting issues with an older HT tangerine. I had some left over polishing dust in the older pad that I didn't rinse that well. Worked good with the HT tangerine. I have done a test spot with it using a Meg's polishing foam disc playing with the product.
    I figured it was the HT Tangerine. I was reading a HD review over on Autopia: Another HD Polish Review where a gentlemen was so impressed with that Combo, he bought a Gallon of HD Polish and 20 HT Tangerine Pads.
    "The first gulp from the glass of natural science will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." --Werner Heisenberg (Pioneer of Quantum Mechanics, Nobel laureate Physics)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    Dave - but what cone is that? What's the cut of the cone? What kind of rpm?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    Glad you're having positive experiences with the HD polishes!!! Can you tell me where you got the blue foam pad?? Look great for getting behind the door handles!!
    Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    Thanks for the review. Would you mind telling us where that blue cone can be found? Thank you.

A good friend of mine was traveling and found himself in Taiwan. Met up with and made friends with some detailing people over there (Parker Auto Detailing in Taipei) and saw that they were using these. He picked me up a couple sets and brought them back with him. Same thing with the pneumatic polishers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    More info on the pneumatic tool please.
    Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post

It's actually not an air drill. I had to put an 'chuck' adapter on it to use those cone pads. They are threaded and will accept a backing plate. They are actually purpose built polishers. Multispeed, very quiet, quite powerful and I love them! I have two, one is a 'rotary' and the other is a DA. They are pretty bad @ss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Sizzle how do you like the rupes pads on the flex? Always wanted to try that.
    I like them. I had a green Rupes pad that was nearing its end and wanted to put it to use! I have used this same combo before, the pads/backer can tend to heat up a bit with the Flex and can and will fail much more quickly than with a Rupes polisher.

More pics of the M7 pneumatic polishers:

The one on the top of the picture is the DA-you can see the counterweight on it.

The one in the top of this pic is the DA-you can see a front shot of the counterweight on it.

Kit that he brought back for me:

It even had some very small, 1" and some smaller pads that came with it. Foam, microfiber. Pretty cool!

Thank you everyone who responded and I hope this helps everyone out!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    Dave - but what cone is that? What's the cut of the cone? What kind of rpm?

I've got a set of 3 cones. Heavy, medium and a light cut. Blue, orange and yellow. I will post up pics of them later on!

RPM: max is 15,000, and it is variable.
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using HD Polish. I like the end result, but not the dusting. I've tried priming the pad with polish, not priming the pad, misting the pad with water, etc. The water helps, but nothing really seems to work. It's not dusting badly, but it's still a bit of a pita. Even though I polish indoors, could it be the summer heat? Any other suggestions? TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    ...Thanks Jae! I really appreciate you humping this back for me!!
    You know how those two tools look like in the airport x-ray machine, right??? You owe me. I'm still walking funny.

j/k

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaJae View Post
    You know how those two tools look like in the airport x-ray machine, right??? You owe me. I'm still walking funny.

j/k

LMAO man!!!! That's freaking funny as all he!!. I owe ya bud!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

So I go back to my home country for the first time in 20+ years and what do I do first? Find detailing gear.

My new friends at Parker Auto Detail, Taipei.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rj45 View Post
    I've been using HD Polish. I like the end result, but not the dusting. I've tried priming the pad with polish, not priming the pad, misting the pad with water, etc. The water helps, but nothing really seems to work. It's not dusting badly, but it's still a bit of a pita. Even though I polish indoors, could it be the summer heat? Any other suggestions? TIA
    If the pads were previously used they sometimes will contain dust from the previous polishing session even if you think they are cleaned out well. I've been using HD Polish since it first came out and never had any dusting even in hot, hot weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    If the pads were previously used they sometimes will contain dust from the previous polishing session even if you think they are cleaned out well. I've been using HD Polish since it first came out and never had any dusting even in hot, hot weather.
    Good thought, but the 5'' Meguiar's thin pad I used was new. Polishing was done using an MT300 at 5800 opm with light-to-medium pressure and 3-4 passes.

Considering the many positive reviews HD Polish has received, I'm a little disappointed. Actually, some of the dusting spots wouldn't wipe off certain black trim pieces all that easily. Maybe I got a bottle from a batch that wasn't quite right.

The results were good and the finish looks nice, but I'm not planning on buying more HD Polish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast