autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

*Leather and Dashboard* time for change

I have used all Lexol product in past, tired of em want to replace them and need your thoughts. Aside from the leather cleaner, unless there is something some one thinks is AMAZING!

1)What are you favoite leather conditioners, based on smell , and leather feel after/protection ? Working on BMW grey and Mercedes.So want it too have supple but some added darkness/depth when you condition (hope that make sense)

2) What do you use for Dashboard, doors etc. the Vinal/ trim around the car. I like some shine tell its been cleaned, slight matte. Maybe 3-5 shine I think. (hard for me to gauge what would you rate armorol? So any thoughts for Leather and Vinyl

My experiences with lector products
    LEXOL
    -The cleaner is decent product.
    - The Conditioner isn't the best smelling, and can leave seats a little shiny, slightly slippery if you don't buff off early on. There times I actually like the look, other times, I'd rather a mid-low shine/ supple look.
    -The Vinlyex smells pretty funky( I have sensitive nose, not bad just not good. ) is ok compared to armorol I guess. Has medium shine can buff for less. Only problem I found some time hard to get real uniform shine, find small spots in the sun where it just didn't apply uniformly

Thank you again for your help its greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by EuroTech; 06-23-2015 at 04:51 AM. Reason: duplicate

Post Thanks / Like

Re: *Leather and Dashboard* time for change

I'm not familiar with the type of leather you're dealing with, but for the coated/sealed leather on our Toyota and VW I typically only need a damp sponge to clean it. If the seats get really dirty, I use a highly diluted APC and a damp sponge.

For vinyl dressing, I usually for the matte/oem look and 303 Aerospace fit the bill. However, I've also used Meguiars Natural Shine Interior Protectant and really liked it. It provides a more satin-like appearance to the surfaces.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EuroTech View Post
    1)What are you favoite leather conditioners, based on smell , and leather feel after/protection ? Working on BMW grey and Mercedes.So want it too have supple but some added darkness/depth when you condition (hope that make sense)

2) What do you use for Dashboard, doors etc. the Vinal/ trim around the car. I like some shine tell its been cleaned, slight matte. Maybe 3-5 shine I think. (hard for me to gauge what would you rate armorol? So any thoughts for Leather and Vinyl
    1. Mother Leather Conditioner is very good and low-cost. It has a very light smell and leaves the leather feeling quite pleasant. My "premium" recommendation is Leather Masters Protection Cream. It's amazing. Ease of application cannot be beat (with a plain sponge), a little goes a long way, and it leaves the leather looking and feeling matte.

2. I'm currently using DP Interior Protectant and it's surprisingly awesome, needs to be applied every 2-3 weeks though. 303 Protectant seems to be a favorite around here, but there are some pricier options that people love (like Ultima Interior Guard Plus or WG Cockpit).
    2011 Toyota Camry SE - Magnetic Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Working on BMW grey and Mercedes.So want it too have supple but some added darkness/depth when you condition (hope that make sense)
    I haven't used it, but how about this: SONAX Leather Foam Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, Sonax leather cleaner conditioner, sonax leather care
    Heck, it's made in Germany, so it must be good for German cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I ask a question the more questions I have hahah...
    So I've narrowed my research down to these products any thoughts as to pros cons with ubiquidous car application, and durability of products. I want to steer clear of Armor all look/feel, however I'm looking for a product that you can see and feel the change, that it looks and feels clean ( which you can accomplish with water, soap for clean ) But conditioned just not greased on.( subtle change , feel, darker appearance, smell etc) Is what I'm shooting for.
    Here the list please add anything if i'm missing something, price is not a large constraint however don't want too be spending money frivolously.
    Pro's /cons, best combo and any other thoughts..
    LEATHER/VINYL CLEANER CONDITIONER BATTLE.
    Leather
    Cleaner
    - Hd total
    - Leatheriqe prestige clean
    - Sonax
    Condition
    - leather master protection cream
    - sonax
    - dp leather
    - Letherique ( I've read great things about this, however it appears its for leather that is pretty beat up & not for leather in good condition that needs protectant. Also That it's a fairly time consuming process, and not the easiest. However is it worth it?..

Vinyl/Plastics/Trim etc
    - 303 ( Which product do you recommend )
    - Ultima
    - DP

Lastly can the vinyl product be used on tires or do you recommend something separate that works better? ( Want contrast, & shine but not one that gets all over rims as soon as you drive building up break dust )

Thank you once again for your help, I look forward to finally making a decision ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

For the Vinyl/Plastic interior trim I'd recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant from the 303 line. I've used it for many years and been pretty happy. I will admit I'm looking at the DP product, simply to try something new.

I would not recommend using 303 on the exterior or tires. The few times I used 303 on the exterior it only lasted a week in good weather and washed off at first contact with rain. For tires I use either Duragloss Tire & Rubber Mat Dressing (TMD) #253 or the Turtle Wax Tire Sealant kit. For trim, I've been using BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant, plastic trim restorer, tire coating, long lasting tire shine. All of those products are pretty durable and leave a dark, natural look to the rubber and trim.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I have narrowed it down to Wolfgang cockpit or chemical guys silk shine. Has any one had experience with both of these ?
    What is best( price, safe, etc) interior cleaner, is DP total interior cleaner overpriced, would I be fine with Meguires basic cleaner? Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to throw this in so late but you should check out Bella clean and charisma from polish angel. It's a little pricey but so little does so much. It's a great cleaner and a nice matte shine.

Post Thanks / Like

I have narrowed it down to Wolfgang cockpit or chemical guys silk shine. Has any one had experience with both of these ?
    What is best( price, safe, etc) interior cleaner, is DP total interior cleaner overpriced, would I be fine with Meguires basic cleaner? Thank you
    I've never tried WG Cockpit, but I haven't seen a single less than stellar review on it.

For Interior Cleaning, I just grabbed some Griots Garage Interior Cleaner on special....wow. That stuff is amazing and readily available at Advance Auto for $6.99/22 oz. I've used 3 "All-Interior Cleaners" (labeled as such) and the Griots cleaned the best, with 0 scent.

In order of cleaning power: Megs Quik Interior Detailer < DP Interior Cleaner < GG Interior Cleaner.
    2011 Toyota Camry SE - Magnetic Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Like the above mentioned products.
    To clean:
    Meguiars D101 (1:9)
    Maintenance:
    Meguiars quik interior detailer
    To protect:
    303 Aerospace

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast