autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: *Leather and Dashboard* time for change

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Like the above mentioned products.
    To clean:
    Meguiars D101 (1:9)
    Maintenance:
    Meguiars quik interior detailer
    To protect:
    303 Aerospace

Regards
    1) Do you use all these products on all interior surfaces i.e. leather seats ?
    2) What are some similar products to Meguiars quick interior detailer?
    like DP Interior Cleaner & GG Interior Cleaner, be comparable?
    3)Could I just dilute D101 more than 1:9 instead of quick interior detailer ?
    or would it remove the protectants applied?
    4) Have you used Meguiars degreaser for dirty vinyl boat seats, or would D101 be sufficient ?

Post Thanks / Like

For cleaning interior surfaces any APC will work well diluted to the proper strength. I use HD Total with great results when needed.

For protection don't know why Optimum Protectant Plus (aka Leather Protectant) hasn't been mentioned. It was designed for coated leather and vinyl so you can use the same product on the entire interior. Leaves a nice satin finish with no oils or stickyness so it doesn't attract dirt.

Been using it since day one on my 07 Passat and the leather and vinly still look like new.

Optimum Protectant Plus offers complete protection for interior leather, vinyl, plastic & rubber dressing. vinyl and rubber dressing, vinyl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EuroTech View Post
    1)
    2) What are some similar products to Meguiars quick interior detailer?
    like DP Interior Cleaner & GG Interior Cleaner, be comparable?
    I believe that Meg's QID is different than the DP and GG interior cleaners. The QID is more of a light interior AIO. Light cleaning, light protection, no gloss. I think of it as like a waterless wash and wax for the interior. The other two are only cleaners. DP's Interior Surface Protectant might be more comparable.

I use QID/Dub mainly for radios, touch screens, and speedo clusters. I actually use Meguiar's Dub Interior Clean & Shine more for this because I like the smell better. Very similar products though. Edited part out, think I was thinking of another product.

GG Interior cleaner is good. I like their big 35oz bottles and sprayers, but I find it is a little weaker than I would like.

Post Thanks / Like

I was curious to know the differences between Wolfgang's Vinyl & Rubber Protectant vs cockpit trim sealant? In terms of durability, shine primarily yet smell is a plus not essential as long as it doesn't' smell bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    GG Interior cleaner is good. I like their big 35oz bottles and sprayers, but I find it is a little weaker than I would like.
    Interesting...I tried it out by cleaning my wife's grey Honda leather after my daughter spilled dipping sauce all on it. She had tried best she could with napkins, but obviously a 10-yr old isn't particular. I just used a terry cloth and was able to clean everything fairly quickly without a lot of elbow grease.

Quote Originally Posted by EuroTech View Post
    I was curious to know the differences between Wolfgang's Vinyl & Rubber Protectant vs cockpit trim sealant? In terms of durability, shine primarily yet smell is a plus not essential as long as it doesn't' smell bad.
    The VR Protectant says it can be used on vinyl/rubber and is a protectant, WCTS can be used on leather, plastic, vinyl, rubber, wood and metal interior surfaces--and is marketed as an interior sealant that lasts longer than a protectant.
    2011 Toyota Camry SE - Magnetic Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the Griots Interior cleaner for almost everything inside, works great. On leather & dash I have been using the Ultima Interior Trim Guard. Easy to use and protects well. Plus no shine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12