autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Blackfire All-In-One Trim & Tire Protectant

I was one of the recipients to try out some new products. The first one up is Blackfire All In One Trim & Tire Protectant.

First off Mike Phillips has a great review on this product as well.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...rotectant.html

When I opened up the box of goodies and came across this one, I was like this is an interesting product. It sounds good and all. But I was skeptical about it's performance given that it's an AIO.

I was also short 1 sprayer but I won't give Nick a hard time about that lol. I have a few spares lying around so no biggie.

As I read the instructions on the back a few more times I started to think, this would make a great product when rinseless washing and not wanting to bring out the brush, bucket, wheel cleaner and tire dressing. Seeing Mike's review up top gave me even more confidence in it's performance.

I was at my brothers place and I took it with me to give it a go on his tires as he just washed it earlier in the day. I used a microfiber towel to apply it on to the tires. I buffed the tire to remove any excess product. His car is my test subject so he will be the test for durability on tires.

Here's a before shot

Here's an after shot. Notice the hint of sheen.

Here's a closer view of the tire before

Close up after. Definite improvement.

I ended up going around and applying it to all his tires. I would say I spent about 10 mins or less doing all 4 tires.

He's working on a 74 Chevy Pick up. The tires on this have not been dressed in years. I gave this product a shot on them.

Close up what they looked like.

Here's the after

Here's a 50/50

Here's the completed tire

And finally I have this piece of trim that I picked up at the salvage yard. It's been sitting outside for months. I used a microfiber towel on this one as well. I did not rinse it prior to using the AIO. It definitely has some very good cleaning power.

After

Final thoughts

This product is great. It's so easy to use. Simply wipe on and buff off. It's that simple. It's also a fast way to dress the tires and trim. This is perfect for those who rinseless wash a lot or don't have access to water.

This is a must have in my book. A solid performer for cleaning and dressing. I can't comment on durablity just yet but so far it looks promising. Plus it's not that big of a deal because it doesn't take that long to reapply.

A few more details about it. The color of it is light blue. It has a great scent. Reminds me of blue bubble gum ice cream. The scent is not overly powerful. The consistency is milky. It does spray out nicely.

You can pick some up here.

BLACKFIRE All-In-One Trim & Tire Protectant, tire dressing, tire protectant, whitewall tire cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire All-In-One Trim & Tire Protectant

Nice review man!!!!!! Looks like a very useful tool when doing rinseless / waterless washes as you state
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Great review The Guz! It restored that plastic cowl very well and made it look new.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Nice review man!!!!!! Looks like a very useful tool when doing rinseless / waterless washes as you state
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Great review The Guz! It restored that plastic cowl very well and made it look new.
    Thanks guys. It's really a great product. If I get a chance I will see how it works on tires that have tire gel on them. My daily has Pinnacle Black Onyx that's been on just shy of a month.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. It is nice to see more products in the one step category. I consider Poorboy's Bold n Bright to be the first cleaner/dressing that I knew about.

Poorboy's durability is typical for a water based tire dressing so not sure if the Blackfire would last longer if different chemistry.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review Guz!

Really liking the way it turned that trim around.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Guz !!! Definitely interested in this product. The reviews so far seem excellent !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea how much product you used, say for that pickup tire?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the other question about this, if using on trim, is which comes first, using this product, or using the rinseless wash on the paint. I mean, if you wash the car first, and then you are doing a piece of trim with this new product and get some on the glass or paint, is it going to make a mess? And how easy would that be to get off?

Just wondering if this is something you do before the wash, for trim, anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Thanks for the review. It is nice to see more products in the one step category. I consider Poorboy's Bold n Bright to be the first cleaner/dressing that I knew about.

Poorboy's durability is typical for a water based tire dressing so not sure if the Blackfire would last longer if different chemistry.
    No problem. I will see how long it lasts and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Very nice review Guz!

Really liking the way it turned that trim around.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Nice review Guz !!! Definitely interested in this product. The reviews so far seem excellent !!!
    Thanks. I liked it the more and more I played around with using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Any idea how much product you used, say for that pickup tire?
    Not a lot that's for sure. It was in the neighborhood of 3-4 sprays on a microfiber towel for half the tire. Now this was a fresh towel. It takes less product as you continue to use it since the applicator of your choice loads up with product.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I guess the other question about this, if using on trim, is which comes first, using this product, or using the rinseless wash on the paint. I mean, if you wash the car first, and then you are doing a piece of trim with this new product and get some on the glass or paint, is it going to make a mess? And how easy would that be to get off?

Just wondering if this is something you do before the wash, for trim, anyway.
    Good question. I would think it would be easy to remove since it is water based.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast