autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WeatherTech Mats: Inexpensive Insurance for Keeping Your Interior PRISTINE

Nice.

So now what the best option for protecting these without them becoming slippery?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    So now what the best option for protecting these without them becoming slippery?

WeatherTech has a custom cleaner and protector for their mats.

From the WeatherTech website: "A custom engineered and blended formula made specifically for WeatherTech®. Our biodegradable Protector imparts a strong, durable coating to the FloorLiner™ and Floor Mats that resists scuff marks, staining, and every day wear and tear. In addition, the product dries to an anti-slip finish."

Post Thanks / Like

They're really great for some models on others they are absolute garbage. What I mean by that is that the lip for some models just isn't high enough to contain liquids especially in winter. I'd shop around for other brands, some of the worse cars I've seen with Weathertecs have been for the G37, Subaru WRX STi, RAV4 and the F150.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    WeatherTech has a custom cleaner and protector for their mats.

From the WeatherTech website: "A custom engineered and blended formula made specifically for WeatherTech®. Our biodegradable Protector imparts a strong, durable coating to the FloorLiner™ and Floor Mats that resists scuff marks, staining, and every day wear and tear. In addition, the product dries to an anti-slip finish."

Ya, I saw that. But I gotta figure that I have something in my detailing stash that will do the same or better.

Post Thanks / Like

My previous two cars were too old to purchase weathertech mats, but when I got an '09 rav4 early this year, I was excited to finally be able to purchase weather tech floor liners! A family friend had them in his x5 and his tacoma (work truck), and turned me on to them. There are several reasons why I love them:

1) They really do cover all of the floor, including carpeted areas other mats (even oem) miss. This means they protect more surface area, making detailing later on less time-consuming.

2) They are durable; and because they cover all of the floor and have hooks, they don't slide.

3) They catch everything from liquid to crumbs and cleanup is very easy because all you need to do is take them out and rinse them (or, in my case, clean with apc and a stiff brush to remove surface dirt, then rinse)

4) They're made in the USA

5) I have a German Shepherd (aka German shedder), and getting dog fur out of carpeted mats can be time consuming. Even if, like me, you have a DA circular brush which makes cleaning floor mats and upholstery relatively quick & easy, having to go through that process often is made unnecessary by Weathertech mats.

6) They saved me during the winter. The amount of sand & salt they prevented from entering the carpeting was insane. I'd take them out of the car and clean them weekly and you'd be amazed at what they caught. They are worth it for saving your carpets in the winter alone if you live in the Northeast, like I do.

In short, although they're costly upfront, in the end, the cost pays off (esp if you buy your car new like Nick and plan on keeping it for awhile).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric M. View Post
    They're really great for some models on others they are absolute garbage. What I mean by that is that the lip for some models just isn't high enough to contain liquids especially in winter. I'd shop around for other brands, some of the worse cars I've seen with Weathertecs have been for the G37, Subaru WRX STi, RAV4 and the F150.
    Not sure if you mean the previous or current gen rav4, but I have the previous gen (09) and am very happy with my floor liners.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Ya, I saw that. But I gotta figure that I have something in my detailing stash that will do the same or better.
    I just clean mine with a good APC and brush. Never had issues.

I wish i could talk her out of thoes crappy mats in the escape, and have her get the weathertechs!!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pointillistic_practitioner View Post
    Not sure if you mean the previous or current gen rav4, but I have the previous gen (09) and am very happy with my floor liners.
    It's a newer model. Everything leaked underneath the seat. I'll see if I can find some pics.

Post Thanks / Like

I have them in my 2013 Accord and they are great. I had one small adjustment I needed to make, which was to make a small cut out where the throttle pedal was so it had its full range of motion. Otherwise, yes they are a breeze to clean and keep the dirt and stuff contained.

Post Thanks / Like

The Weathertech floor liners in my 2013 Malibu are nice EXCEPT the velcro grippers that clip onto the factory hooks, they are horrible. They are not secure and the velco pulls off of the mat making it double useless. I wish they would just use the factory style hooks and not the velcro.

The trunk liner is amazing though, saved me a couple times already and looks fantastic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast