autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner

I want to clean up my air system and need some help:

Any feedback on this product's performance?

AG's description is to spray product in vents but product label describes putting it directly into blower under the dash. Recommendations on procedure?

Can a weekend warrior like me use this product effectively without risk of damage to ventilation system? I read somewhere that it may be best left to the pros to use this product and to clean system, so your advice is welcomed.

Thanks. David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner

If you have air vents on the dash, insert the tube in the center one and use as described on the can. I think you empty the can and leave the windows closed for 30 min. Then open the windows and turn on the blower.
    It worked OK for me.
    Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunday joe View Post
    If you have air vents on the dash, insert the tube in the center one and use as described on the can. I think you empty the can and leave the windows closed for 30 min. Then open the windows and turn on the blower.
    It worked OK for me.
    Good luck.
    Joe, thanks. My confusion is the the can instructs going through blower beneath dash, taking out cabin filter, etc. to have the recirculating air suck it right to coils.

Maybe the dash approach works fine, so I'll see if anyone else weighs in.

David

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on the car, if you have a cabin filter in the glove compartment, it may be better to go in that way, but I've gone in through the dash vents and it worked fine. I recommend the product.

I wouldn't worry about any damage, it's just some foaming cleaner--the damage issue was a specific Acura model IIRC where the cleaner dripped out onto the computer. They also say you can spray it up the condensate drain from under the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    It depends on the car, if you have a cabin filter in the glove compartment, it may be better to go in that way, but I've gone in through the dash vents and it worked fine. I recommend the product.

I wouldn't worry about any damage, it's just some foaming cleaner--the damage issue was a specific Acura model IIRC where the cleaner dripped out onto the computer. They also say you can spray it up the condensate drain from under the car.
    +1. I used it on my Wife's 2012 Subaru Impreza by going through the center console vent. Just make sure you get the tube all the way down into the condenser.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Is it safe to use on a 2010 Acura MDX?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    Thanks. Is it safe to use on a 2010 Acura MDX?
    I googled it and it seems to be a TSX problem, but at the bottom of the product page in the Autogeek store ( 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Treatment ) it says this: " Not for use on Acura vehicles. We recommend Klima-Cleaner ETU instead."

Post Thanks / Like

I googled it and it seems to be a TSX problem, but at the bottom of the product page in the Autogeek store ( 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Treatment ) it says this: " Not for use on Acura vehicles. We recommend Klima-Cleaner ETU instead."
    Thanks. You are right...I missed this disclaimer. I thought I remembered something like this...it was right in front of me!

Much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

For a second I thought you were joking. But I read it there too. Wonder what was happening?