autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Iron X stabbed my wheels

I've seen it mentioned in many threads to use a "damp" sponge to spread the Iron X around, after spraying.

"Damp", with water or more Iron X?

Is this used on dirty wheels, or do you wash them first? If so, i assume they should be dried before Iron X it's applied?

What is the typical dwell time...can the product damage the wheels if left on to long? What about brake parts behind the wheels?

Will Iron X damage any manufacturer's OEM wheel coating, or remove any of the aftermarket paint or wheel coatings?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andygold View Post
    I've seen it mentioned in many threads to use a "damp" sponge to spread the Iron X around, after spraying.

"Damp", with water or more Iron X?

Is this used on dirty wheels, or do you wash them first? If so, i assume they should be dried before Iron X it's applied?

What is the typical dwell time...can the product damage the wheels if left on to long? What about brake parts behind the wheels?

Will Iron X damage any manufacturer's OEM wheel coating, or remove any of the aftermarket paint or wheel coatings?

I don't have a ton of experience with it but no damage on my powder coated wheels. I scrubbed it after spraying and rinsed about 5-10 minutes after. No issues with brakes at all.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I used Iron-X today for the first time on my white traverse. I was amazed at how much built up iron deposits were on the paint. Overall the product did a great job. I did notice that there were some iron deposits, mainly on the lower half of the car that were left untouched. I'm going to try another treatment tomorrow.

My question is if the Iron-X doesnt remove all the deposits, what would be my next step? Now I havent clayed the car yet(I will do that in the morning after the 2nd treatment) so I'm hoping it will pull some more off.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12