autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Review: DP Turbo Car Dryer

I took advantage of the Tax Day sale and purchased a DP Turbo Car Dryer. It was delivered on Monday and lucky for me, my wife’s car needed to be washed.

I had previously been using a ~$30 leaf blower to dry my vehicles. While this did work, it was loud and awkward to use, especially trying to dry the roof of my SUV.

I am a huge fan of blow drying a vehicle and the DP Turbo Car Dryer is the perfect tool! It comes with two attachments, flat nozzle and a cone nozzle. Today I only used the cone shaped attachment.

First thing I noticed is the dryer is manufactured by ShopVac; personally I have had good experiences with ShopVac.

Second, the unit is lighter than I thought it would be. When I first saw the product I thought it could use a shoulder strap. So today I tried it two ways, holding it and wearing a strap. I dried half the car holding the unit, it is light and my arm did not get tired. Second I fashioned a shoulder strap from a dog leash. I preferred this method, but need to for search something else to make the strap out of (perhaps a guitar strap?)

Third, the unit is quieter than I thought it would be. My leaf blower is obnoxiously loud. This unit is even quieter than my ShopVac.

Fourth, it is EASY to use and very powerful. Heck I dried the entire hood of my wife’s Saturn Ion standing in one place! The cone attachment makes the air come out at an extremely high pressure. It got all the water out of the side mirrors and around the emblems. I even opened/closed the doors a couple times to see if anything was leftover in the mirror housing, nope! The blower hose is long, light, and easy to maneuver, making it easy to blow off the roof, under spoilers, tires, and hard to reach areas...

My only gripe is the 35’ long cord. It is the perfect length, but there is no way to store it on the unit, you have to curl it up and use zip ties or something to keep it contained (I used the twist-ties for now). Instead of having the cord hardwired I would prefer a plug like my leaf blower, it makes storage easier.

If you are looking to move away from towel drying this is the perfect item to use. Very user friendly and easy on the budget (especially with a discount!).

If I had to rate the product I’d give it a solid 4.5/5 stars. I didn't take any pictures because the ones on the product page are perfect!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: DP Turbo Car Dryer

The strap from a golf bag would be good to use. It's quilted. I use one on my grass trimmer.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunday joe View Post
    The strap from a golf bag would be good to use. It's quilted. I use one on my grass trimmer.
    I use one from an old laptop bag. Nice leather strap makes it much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Legacykid View Post
    I use one from an old laptop bag. Nice leather strap makes it much easier.
    Great idea !!! I am going to give that a try this weekend...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing