autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's Paint Protect. OTC

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have it and I currently have it on the hood of my car. I agree with you on the application.

FYI it's recommended to not get it wet for 1 week. Here's my review on it from MOL. I just updated it with photos on page 3 if you are curious about it's performance.

Paint Protect 365 review
    It shouldnt get wet for a week? That would be unreasonable for a lot of people. Actually, i think its rediculous.

Post Thanks / Like

The bottle states a 24 hour cure time but over on MOL it's recommended to not get it wet for 7 days to get optimal performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JHL88 View Post
    It shouldnt get wet for a week? That would be unreasonable for a lot of people. Actually, i think its rediculous.
    I picked up on that and agree. In my area it rains at least once a week this time of year, and in the case of this week it's been raining sporadically for three straight days. This doesn't count the heavy due or fog/mist that common in many parts of the country in the spring.

For a daily driver, this cure time seems really unrealistic.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I picked up on that and agree. In my area it rains at least once a week this time of year, and in the case of this week it's been raining sporadically for three straight days. This doesn't count the heavy due or fog/mist that common in many parts of the country in the spring.

For a daily driver, this cure time seems really unrealistic.
    That's the same hindrance that goes hand-in-hand
    with so many of the Coatings' cure-time, IMHO.

Nothing new:
    Many people often can't even wait for the obligatory
    12-24 hours of staying-dry-cure-time requisite
    for most Sealants.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    That's the same hindrance that goes hand-in-hand
    with so many of the Coatings' cure-time, IMHO.

Nothing new:
    Many people often can't even wait for the obligatory
    12-24 hours of staying-dry-cure-time requisite
    for most Sealants.

Bob
    So true.

I have seen mixed reviews on PP365, plus customers like to see nice tight beads. Just have to wait and see.

Post Thanks / Like

I have paint cure lamps I'll give a try when I need a faster cure time.
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    Yes Bob, an over the counter product.
    IMO it will out last any "Wax" so I can now offer better protection for those who don't want to spend a lot of money on protection.

There's some really good OTC products, such as Meguiar's Ultimate Wax, Compound and Polish, just to name a few.
    Here is what I dont understand. First off, the OP admitted this product did nothing for appearance. Even Meguiars doesnt advertise this product produces a great shine or high gloss. That alone says something.

If I am a professional detailer, I want my customer to be wowed! I want his or her car to be as shiny and glossy as possible. Ultimate Wax for instance will help with that (as well has hundreds of other products). Paint Protect will not. Additionally, we all love beading. Paint protect doesnt bead well, another non wow factor for a customer.

In my opinion, this product is not targeted for anyone who visits this forum or a professional detailer. It is a product very specifically targeted to the consumer who wants to protect their paint, isnt particular about the shine, is not someone who spends a lot of money on detailing products, and wants something easier to apply than wax. Quite frankly, I wouldnt be surprised if this product does not actually get traction in the marketplace at all seeing as it really does not have a wow factor.

Why this particular product gets so much attention by or on detailing forums is a testament only to the Meguiars reputation and not the merits of this product particularly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Here is what I dont understand. First off, the OP admitted this product did nothing for appearance. Even Meguiars doesnt advertise this product produces a great shine or high gloss. That alone says something.

If I am a professional detailer, I want my customer to be wowed! I want his or her car to be as shiny and glossy as possible. Ultimate Wax for instance will help with that (as well has hundreds of other products). Paint Protect will not. Additionally, we all love beading. Paint protect doesnt bead well, another non wow factor for a customer.

In my opinion, this product is not targeted for anyone who visits this forum or a professional detailer. It is a product very specifically targeted to the consumer who wants to protect their paint, isnt particular about the shine, is not someone who spends a lot of money on detailing products, and wants something easier to apply than wax. Quite frankly, I wouldnt be surprised if this product does not actually get traction in the marketplace at all seeing as it really does not have a wow factor.

Why this particular product gets so much attention by or on detailing forums is a testament only to the Meguiars reputation and not the merits of this product particularly.
    On a light colored car like silver or white it won't matter with shine. Side by side against ultimate wax and M21 there is no difference. Well that is on a polished surface.

I am still not sold on this product. For me this is not living up to the crazy water beading. I will still stick with UW or M21.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to give it a try, but after the way Ultimate Wax held op on my car, I don't think I'll need to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I was going to give it a try, but after the way Ultimate Wax held op on my car, I don't think I'll need to.
    I would keep using UW and tell you to save the $10 and use it towards something else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast