autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DP Turbo Car Dryer Review

So I used this today for the first time and here is what I think.

The handheld motor part is a decent size but is not too heavy. It is much more quite than my $30 home depot leaf blower. As well as much more powerful! I am a part time detailer so the following is based on the fact that this was the first vehicle I worked on since December. But my hand holding the handle was actually getting tired trying to fight with the power of this unit. I can definitely see this thing getting away from me if I wasnt being careful. (side note when I was hand waxing the vehicle my hand was getting tired)

This is much less cumbersome overall than a leafblower. But I have also never used the metro. But overall I give this unit a 5/5 I am happy with the power, the 35 ft cord is great.

Im looking forward to using it on an engine bay, and to explore other uses for this!
    Nice job PBMG!

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP Turbo Car Dryer Review

Thanks for the feedback.

Click on image to view work

Post Thanks / Like

How is it to carry around? Does the hose or motor itself get in the way or get away from you easily?

Post Thanks / Like

I think in another thread someone suggested this tool needs a shoulder strap.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really agree with this. I have used mine 4 times already in the past two days and don't think it is that heavy at all. Have done several large vehicles and never experienced my arm getting fatigued.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've found it helpful switching hands and keeping the filter/exhaust side facing away from my body.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    I don't really agree with this. I have used mine 4 times already in the past two days and don't think it is that heavy at all. Have done several large vehicles and never experienced my arm getting fatigued.
    cliffsnotes version: Do you even lift bro?

He did say he hasn't done a car in 3 months, so I'll take it that the unit isn't that heavy.

I'm very enticed by this, but the convenience of cordless continues to outweigh the performance increase of such a unit.

Post Thanks / Like

any chance we can get a video of the unit in action ? seems like we have more than a few people wanting to see and hear this tool in action.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Legacykid View Post
    So I used this today for the first time and here is what I think.

The handheld motor part is a decent size but is not too heavy. It is much more quite than my $30 home depot leaf blower. As well as much more powerful! I am a part time detailer so the following is based on the fact that this was the first vehicle I worked on since December. But my hand holding the handle was actually getting tired trying to fight with the power of this unit. I can definitely see this thing getting away from me if I wasnt being careful. (side note when I was hand waxing the vehicle my hand was getting tired)

This is much less cumbersome overall than a leafblower. But I have also never used the metro. But overall I give this unit a 5/5 I am happy with the power, the 35 ft cord is great.

Im looking forward to using it on an engine bay, and to explore other uses for this!
    Nice job PBMG!
    Thanks for the honest review - glad to hear you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by flatstick View Post
    any chance we can get a video of the unit in action ? seems like we have more than a few people wanting to see and hear this tool in action.
    The blower made its official debut on an episode of My Classic Car with Dennis Gage two weeks ago. We'll be uploading the segment on our YouTube channel within the next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Eric is kind of a weakling! lol JK Eric. I would think having a shoulder strap would be better either way.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast