autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CarPro Reflect

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reflect

First off, I'd like to give a quick shout out to Zach McGovern, from "Attention to Detailing" of Peoria, Il.

This guy gave me the confidence to even try a polish on my black Cadillac Escalade. I was never wanting to practice on my own vehicle. However, after chit chatting via Facebook, he broke that and I can't thank him enough!

Anyway, I wish I had pics of my hood to show a before and after. This is my first polish job and I've heard nothing but how finicky Reflect was to use.

My hood had a ton of body shop induced swirls, holograms, and some deeply etched water spots. It looked horrible under proper lighting and I couldn't take it anymore. Decided to break out my waxer, the GG6 and Orange pad. Dropped 4 small drops and started with speed 5. I did about 4-5 initial passes, until the polish broke. Concluded with a MF wipe and I can say I removed 95% imperfections on the first pass! I couldn't believe eyes! Again, I wish I took some 50/50 pics to show you guys, but I forgot.

Just wanted to drop a quick line of thanks and brag a little about Reflect. It's good stuff and any meathead of a detailed can use it!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Reflect

Carpro Reflect is great stuff. Very little product, short work time, ridiculously easy wipe off, and fantastic results.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. I had hardly any dust as well. Since I did have some dust initially, I felt I used too much and went down to three smaller dabs with the second pass.

Post Thanks / Like

You should have zero dusting from it and some times it's from pad not being cleaned well or to much product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    You should have zero dusting from it and some times it's from pad not being cleaned well or to much product.
    I definetly have some learning to do here, as this is all fresh for me. However, I still had awesome results with this product for never using a polish or polisher in my life. I cant wait to do the whole truck when it warms up! I'm a little excited now!

Post Thanks / Like

For a vehicle that is not heavily damaged, you can easily use this as a one step and be extremely happy. The shine was incredible, especially since I topped with Collinite 915.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the initial typos. Stupid autocorrect and for some reason I can't edit?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike... just seeing this thread for the first time (don't check AGO very often)... thanks for the kind words! Glad you're having a good time experimenting with your toys.... you've got my contact info.... please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything

-Zach

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Zach! You are the example of detailers that others should follow. Class Act. It's nice to know someone of your caliber is in my backyard. Thanks again!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    Thanks Zach! You are the example of detailers that others should follow. Class Act. It's nice to know someone of your caliber is in my backyard. Thanks again!

Mike
    Your going to make Zach's head swell lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast