autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish

Product Review: Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish
    Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish

Description: (Taken from AG's website)

Mothers™ renowned metal polish is legendary in detailing and collecting circles.

The secret formula combines brilliant shine with ease of use, resulting in the sharpest looking wheels, brass, alloys, and accessories.

Mothers™ Mag and Aluminum Polish does amazing things to polishable metals. The unique cleaning and polishing characteristics make it a favorite among professional detailers, enthusiasts, and collectors. Strong enough to shine even the most horribly neglected metal; yet gentle enough to use regularly.

Mag and Aluminum Polish has a pasty texture, the consistency of cold cream. It shimmers like pearls in its container and applies with ease. Armed with a clean cloth and a little elbow grease, you’re destined for greatness with Mothers™ Mag and Aluminum Polish. Don’t stop at your wheels, use it on all your polishable metals... valve covers, header plate, exhaust, straps on induction, stainless steal, flat cast, brushed, and shot finished aluminum or magnesium. Use it to clear hazed and discolored plastic taillight and headlight lenses. Even if your exhaust isn’t chrome it will shine like it is, after you’ve used Mothers™ Mag and Aluminum Polish!

Always use Mag and Aluminum Polish while it is still wet. For easiest removal, don’t allow it to dry. Use a dry, soft towel and buff to a brilliant finish!

Price:

$9.99 for 10oz
    $5.99 for 5oz

Review:

This will be a very short review because I wasn't really planning to do one. I decided to do a review because I wanted to rave on how great this product worked and share it with my fellow geeks.

I recently bought a used exhaust system for my car. As you can see in the pictures below, it really looked beat up. I wasn't really expecting to shine any parts of the pipe at all because it looked so dull. I was just hoping to make the exhaust tips perfect.

Before:

Underneath:

Top:

Tips:

I wish I was able to take picture of the tips underneath because it was a lot worse than the ones in the pic (very black and covered with soot).

Procedure:

I didn't want to ruin any of my microfiber towels so I decided to use a bunch of paper towels. I got some polish from the canister and started scrubbing small sections at a time... After a little while, I would wipe off the excess with a microfiber towel. I would estimate that I covered each area between 2-3 times.

Making progress...

After a few hours of elbow grease (literally), here are the results:

** I know I know I missed a spot (or two). I didn't see that when I was polishing. I will remove them when I get it installed on the car.

Conclusion:

The pictures speak for themselves. This product works beautifully and it shines up metal extremely well. Consider this product in your next metal polishing detail.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish

That is pretty SWEET!!! Will you have to go more aggressive with the carbon inside the tips or just repeated application of it? (What I mean is: Is the product aggressive enough??)

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    That is pretty SWEET!!! Will you have to go more aggressive with the carbon inside the tips or just repeated application of it? (What I mean is: Is the product aggressive enough??)
    Thanks Claude!

I think the product is aggressive enough because I was able to cut through A TON of carbon deposit and soot. I just didn't see that there was a little more residue left at the lower part of the tips (because the exhaust was upside down at the time I was polishing the inside of the tips). Look at the tips before, it's just nasty black!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Incredible turnaround! I've always loved using this stuff on my exhausts. Super easy to use and the results speak for themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Thanks Claude!

I think the product is aggressive enough because I was able to cut through A TON of carbon deposit and soot. I just didn't see that there was a little more residue left at the lower part of the tips (because the exhaust was upside down at the time I was polishing the inside of the tips). Look at the tips before, it's just nasty black!
    They were rode hard and put up wet Thanks for the info. After that much polishing (on that much real estate) it is not uncommon to miss a part.... well done and thanks for the reply!!

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

wow, lookin' good! so many (hidden) gems from mothers and this looks to be one of them...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. The exhaust came out great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedAustin View Post
    Incredible turnaround! I've always loved using this stuff on my exhausts. Super easy to use and the results speak for themselves.
    Thanks a lot, RedAustin! I was blown away myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    They were rode hard and put up wet Thanks for the info. After that much polishing (on that much real estate) it is not uncommon to miss a part.... well done and thanks for the reply!!
    Thanks again, Claude!

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    wow, lookin' good! so many (hidden) gems from mothers and this looks to be one of them...
    Thank you, VISITOR!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nice review. The exhaust came out great.
    Thank you so much, The Guz. I appreciate the kind words.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Marc...

Great job!

I had no doubts that you would have nothing but great success with this Mother's metal polish on this exhaust system.

It is, after all, the gold standard to which others aspire.

BTW:
    This is what I've used for many years. Good Stuff!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Hi Marc...

Great job!

I had no doubts that you would have nothing but great success with this Mother's metal polish on this exhaust system.

It is, after all, the gold standard to which others aspire.

BTW:
    This is what I've used for many years. Good Stuff!

Bob
    Thank you so much for reading my review and complimenting it, Bob! I'm also glad to hear a reputable member here in AGO is also using this polish with great success! Have a great day!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast