autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber Compound

Hello,

Its been reviewed before, but I will review it again. If you are lazy and do not want to read the entire review which wont be that long, here is my summary, a fantastic compound! This kind a show and tell as well as a review.

I bought a bottle awhile ago to have (because thats what we do, we have stuff for when we might need it). I had not had an opportunity to actually use it until now. I have used before Megs UC, M105, Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover.

The car I used it on was a 2004 BMW 330i with the M Package. Its a red that is specific to that model and trim, a little deeper red than other reds. This car has been a daily driver and has about 90k miles on it. Other than the hood which was replaced due to damage, all the paint is original.

The first thing I can tell you is BMW paint is very hard. While the car was covered in water spots and light swirls, once I finished, the paint was nearly flawless, EXCEPT for the hood. The hood was just hammered with acid rain, water etching, scratches and there wasnt anything I was going to do to get it back to flawlessness. I got it shiny again as the pictures show, but it was to far gone.

Here is what I liked about Uber. First it has a long working time. Seems like it can but be worked and worked and worked without flashing or drying out, the polar opposite of M105. Dusting is minimal as well. It does dust, but its not uncontrollable or terribly annoying. It also has no added frangrance, so it has a purely chemical smell. Not overwhelming, but noticable.

But here is the best part, it finishes like a polish. Cuts as good as any compound and finishes as good as any polish. I did not see a reason to polish the car after I was done. I saw no micromarring at all. The paint was nearly flawless. I was extremely impressed. Especially for a car that is 11 years old, aside from the hood, it finished up really really well.

After I was done I wiped it down with eraser, and topped it with Collinite 845. My tool of choice was my PC7424xp (wasnt much of a choice since its the only polisher I have). I used LC flat orange, blue Hydrotech, and an orange CCS pad as well. The trim i finished up with WG trim sealant.

Oh, almost forgot. The windows were also covered with water stains. I was going to use Spotless on them, but while I was working on the car, I decided just to give the compound a try and see what happens. Uber and my pads got all the water spots off the windows and got them nice and clean and shiny! The owner of the car was amazed.

Before the hood:

The hood after, lots of defects are still visible but the shine and depth of color greatly enhanced:

Wolfgang Uber Compound, car polish, polishing compound

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber Compound

Looks great! Have not been disappointed in anything Wolfgang.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding results! Perhaps some damp sanding with 3000 grit papers is in order to knock out the defects. Either way nice transformation and review.

Although not a real "M", these cars are starting to reach a collectible status.

Thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! I too have used Wolfgang Uber Compound and it is my go-to product when trying to buff out minor blemishes, swirls, etc. Here is the last vehicle I used it on.

Before. Wolfgang Uber Compound-dave-jpg

AfterWolfgang Uber Compound-davetruckrear-jpg
    2006 Honda Civic Alabaster Silver
    2013 Ford Explorer XLT Ingot Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Outstanding results! Perhaps some damp sanding with 3000 grit papers is in order to knock out the defects. Either way nice transformation and review.

Although not a real "M", these cars are starting to reach a collectible status.

Thanks for sharing
    Its not a M model per say, but at least back then, according to the owner, these cars were built,then shipped (across the street to the M factory) and all the M parts were added, suspension, body, interior etc. I think the only thing its missing is the big M brakes and the M powertrain. As impressive as the new BMW's are today, these older models have such pure balanced driving experience the new cars cant match.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good, nice gloss! What speed setting did you use? How was residue removal?
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Looks good, nice gloss! What speed setting did you use? How was residue removal?
    For the most part I used speed 5, kicked it up to 6 every once in awhile.

Uber wipes of easy, no hard buffing or rubbing like M105. No need to use detail sprays to remove it either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    For the most part I used speed 5, kicked it up to 6 every once in awhile.

Uber wipes of easy, no hard buffing or rubbing like M105. No need to use detail sprays to remove it either.
    Cool, thanks for the info!
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Its not a M model per say, but at least back then, according to the owner, these cars were built,then shipped (across the street to the M factory) and all the M parts were added, suspension, body, interior etc. I think the only thing its missing is the big M brakes and the M powertrain. As impressive as the new BMW's are today, these older models have such pure balanced driving experience the new cars cant match.
    The car looks great.

That car has the E46 Performance Package, or ZHP on the ordering guide. The engine had an HP, the Euro M-sport aero kit, a suspension slightly stiffer than the sport package, unique wheels, a different exhaust, and came with Alcantara seats and steering wheel if you didn't order full leather. It was only available on 330's and only for a couple of years at the end of the E46 line. I'm not sure whether the color was unique, as it looks just like Imola Red which was available on other 330's and the M3. I don't believe the assembly was any different than any other E46. From what I remember, dealerships wouldn't stock them (I could never find one), but they could very easily order it. It wasn't a very popular package and there are very few on the road.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Love the ZHP's. I had a 2003 330i ZHP jet black on sand leather 6-spd and loved it! Miss it everyday.

Great review though! I'll probably pick up a bottle when my FG400 runs out to try and see how it compares

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast