I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this post, but here goes...Mod, please move if necessary.

I ordered a bottle of Uber AIO last month and used it on various items around the house, besides the new car. The most impressive results for non-automotive use that I've found so far, are with its use on cell phone screen protectors....don't laugh!!!

To put things in perspective...I typically purchase extremely cheap screen protectors online for my phones (typically I get a few for $2 or $3 shipped). I've used both the anti-glare type and the normal, glossy type. Each has their pluses and minuses. I prefer the anti-glare type for their ability to eliminate the greasy fingerprints that you get on glossy protectors, but I don't care for the non-glossy appearance of the images on the screen, and I also don't like the way the screen protector dulls the brightness and the inherent, dotted, rainbow-like effect that the protector gives to the screen. As to the glossy protectors, I prefer them for their sharpness, brightness and no rainbow effect. Their downfall is that every time you touch them, they smudge and you wind up having to wipe them off continually throughout the day....

But I digress! Getting back to Uber AIO....

I applied some Uber AIO to my cheapie, glossy, screen protector and it had some great effect! First, it made the protector feel as slippery as the original glass screen, or possibly even more slippery. Second, it cuts down on fingerprinting almost 100%. There is little to no smudging now. And third, I think it may have even removed some of the finer scratches that were already on the protector prior to the AIO application. The treatment seems to last a few weeks before needing to be done again, which takes about 10 seconds to apply and buff in. (I recommend using straight back and forth passes by hand with a MF towel, and not using a ROP) . (also, stay away from speaker grills and microphone holes as you'll never be able to get the AIO out of them).

I've now also tried it on a Zagg screen protector, the original style. If anyone is not familiar with those, it's a somewhat glossy plastic film (kind of rubbery actually, and gets applied with a spray-on solution, along with the caution to not stretch the film) that was originally designed for the leading edge of helicopter blades (or so they advertise). It's self healing up to a point when scratched, but it has a huge amount of orange peel to it and it does cut down on light transmission a bit, along with it not being all that friction free. Your fingers drag across it a bit when swiping. It too is a huge fingerprint magnet!!! On the Zagg, the Uber AIO almost totally eliminated fingerprinting, but the second plus is that it made the screen very slick! The frictiony-feeling that you'd get from the stock protector is gone. This protector was scratch-free to start, and it remained so after application of the Uber AIO.

And on a slightly different but related note...I usually apply screen protectors in the smallest bathroom in the house. This might sound bizarre, but there is a reason for this. Dust!!! I remove the shower rug and anything else that might cause dust in the room, shut the door, and then turn on the hot shower for a minute so as to create some steam in the air. The steamy air latches on to any floating dust and drags it to the floor. As long as you are not moving around too much, the dust will stay on the floor and not land on your screen when you are trying to install your screen protector.

I've now come up with another method... What I recently tried and it seems to work quite well was to forget the steam room idea and instead clean the phone's glass screen with glass cleaner and then treat the glass with Permanon. Once dry I apply the screen protector. The Permanon's anti-static nature repels the dust, and I get no dust trapped between screen and screen protector.