autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant

What is it? : BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant is far more than a trim dressing. This polymer-based trim restorer forms a bond at the molecular level, restoring the surface while coating it in a durable, protective shell. BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant doesn’t wash off in the rain – it actually causes water to bead up like a wax! Treated surfaces will have a factory-fresh appearance – not a sticky, greasy mess like other so-called trim restorers.

The product itself as you can see is a light purple color, not very runny at all, and a bit goes a long way. The product spreads very easily, no heavy odor unless you put your nose in the bottle

Prep:
    --Each car wash washed in my normal method (foam cannon/2 bucket method)
    --Brought into garage out of sun to apply BLACKFIRE Total Trim and Tire Sealant
    --Each cars trim/rubber cleaned with Megs APC:Water mix (1:10)
    (For my tires I used a 1:4 APC:Water mix, I washed wheels first, then washed car, then rinsed tires very well to ensure no soap or other residue on tire)

I recently used this product on a couple of vehicles that I had at my quick disposal, my fathers car, my car, and my buddies car. All cars in Orlando, FL where it rains everyday at the moment, and its very hot and humid. I used these 3 vehicles because 1) Like I said, at my disposal 2) 3 different conditions in how they are kept inside/outside (you'll read that below) 3) Some trim isn't faded very much, some a bit more weathered

Forgive the pics, they aren't the best. Used with iPhone 5.

Fathers car is garage kept, not too much driving a day-maybe 20 miles max a day. 2011 Kia Forte (applied on window trim/rubber, Trim on back of bumper)

Then with flash to see a bit better

My car is 1/2 garage and 1/2 outside during night, while at work always outside and no parking garage. Driven during week quite a bit for work. 2013 Mazda 3 (applied to mud flaps, my car barely has trim, and I applied the Black Label surface coating to the rubber trim on window so no use in putting in there)
    My mudflaps look like poo, they are stained pretty bad, they were cleaned but very faded as you can see.

side note..I applied to my tires as well but...forgot pics! But, there was another review on here so, you know what it looks like on tires! I plan to update w/ the durability of the product, and I'll take pics of it a week or two down the road when typically most dressings are gone. So we will see how the sealant lasts.

Buddies car is 24/7 outside. 2013 Hyundai Veloster (applied to hood, they have two plastic pieces on top for show)

I plan to hopefully find some trim that is severely weather, but based on Nicks review and pics, it will easily improve faded trim.

Thoughts: Easy to use, Easy directions, bit goes a long way, brings back the life to trim

to be determined: Durability & if it runs/drips on paint after rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant

Thank you for the review.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant

I've been thinking about trying this, especially for the black trim on my 07 Superbee. Currently use Adam's Super VRT and like it, but it doesn't last long.