autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: DUB Wheel Cleaner

Yeah, I hated the smell. Also, the instructions said to let it set for 3-5 minutes and it dried up in that amount of time. this left some nasty streaks, but it was still better looking than before.

I am interested in seeing how it handles my Brembo dust. I certainly won't let it dry on my wheels.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Coming from the Eagle One PVD-Aluminium wheel cleaner, I had the chance to compare it to DUB Wheel Cleaner.
    Firstly, I didn't like the smell, it has a weird smell compared to Eagle One, which was pleasant. I would say that they both are good cleaners, with DUB being very slightly better. The bad thing about DUB though, the yellow liquid stuck to the brake calipers, and it was very hard get it out from there. I never had that problem with Eagle One, which cleaned thoroughly but never got stuck anywhere.
    I'm not a pro, rookie weekend warrior, just my .02.

Post Thanks / Like

I kinda stopped using this product for a little while then decided to try it out again the other day on some tough wheels.

I have been using 3D's Orange 88 to do the whole wheel area; wheels, tires, wheel wells. I like using one product to clean them all, but it just wasn't cutting it the other day. So after three rounds of scrubbing with Orange 88 to get it how I wanted it I switched to the Dub for the other front wheel to compare.

Dub did a better job quicker and with less agitation, but It did not want to rinse well from the wheel though. It needed some agitation with the rinse to remove the product residue. So, idk, not as much scrubbing initially but had to follow up with a scrub rinse. So still, Dub required a little less work and to be fair this was not a hose rinse, but a rinse with a hand pump chemical sprayer.

That smell does kinda make me not want to use it, but I did finish the other two remaining wheels with it because of how well it was working. Orange 88 is still my go to. I have been thinking about mixing a stronger ratio to try on heavy soiled wheels to see if it works better that way. It is much more pleasent to smell.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I didn't like about DUB wheel cleaner, besides the smell, is that it discolored my car's grey painted brake rotor hats. I was able to get most of the original finish back with some cleaner wax, but it was an unnecessary pita.

Post Thanks / Like

Washing the GTI last night, I was using the DUB wheel cleaner and my neighbor came out of their house to see what I was using, because they could smell it in the air next door. Ugh. I don't care how good the product is, if it's that noxious, I really don't want to be using it.

I also noticed that it doesn't do anything for tires, as the old A2Z Eagle One does. I may just go back to EO, as I don't ever have nasty filthy wheels in my cleaning regimen.

Post Thanks / Like

Have the same though of others near by being upset over the smell while mobil detailing and wonder if they are questioning in their head if this is safe for them.

I'm just going to avoid it for now and save for the special cases.

Oh, and my god, if you accidentally inhale some if the mist through your mouth or nose the smell and taste wi stick with you l day and drive you nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

Does it stink...yes, does it work....HELL YES!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I can deal with the smell as long as it works.

Pardon me as I try to upload photos using the mobile app...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review: DUB Wheel Cleaner-imageuploadedbyagonline1443204197-349212-jpg   Review: DUB Wheel Cleaner-imageuploadedbyagonline1443204240-253305-jpg   Review: DUB Wheel Cleaner-imageuploadedbyagonline1443204263-898444-jpg   Review: DUB Wheel Cleaner-imageuploadedbyagonline1443204340-336911-jpg   Review: DUB Wheel Cleaner-imageuploadedbyagonline1443204385-293698-jpg   Review: DUB Wheel Cleaner-imageuploadedbyagonline1443204407-005419-jpg  
    Last edited by canairb; 09-25-2015 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Photos

Post Thanks / Like

Case closed right there😎

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rj45 View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about DUB wheel cleaner, besides the smell, is that it discolored my car's grey painted brake rotor hats. I was able to get most of the original finish back with some cleaner wax, but it was an unnecessary pita.
    This can happen with any wheel cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by upon3 View Post
    Washing the GTI last night, I was using the DUB wheel cleaner and my neighbor came out of their house to see what I was using, because they could smell it in the air next door. Ugh. I don't care how good the product is, if it's that noxious, I really don't want to be using it.

I also noticed that it doesn't do anything for tires, as the old A2Z Eagle One does. I may just go back to EO, as I don't ever have nasty filthy wheels in my cleaning regimen.
    It was not designed to be a tire cleaner. This is strictly a wheel cleaner. If you want a wheel and tire cleaner from Meguiar's then consider D143.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Does it stink...yes, does it work....HELL YES!

Agreed.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast