autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's DUB Clean & Shine

No pictures, I always forget This is an awesome interior product and you can buy it at Wally World and I think Pep Boys.
    This is what Meguiar says about it

Gently cleans leather, vinyl, plastic and navigation screens
    Leaves behind a pleasant fragrance and light shine
    Cleans and shines
    Long lasting blackberry fragrance

Even with the "light shine" right on the bottle, When I think DUB I think bling bling so I was curious if it was going to have my dash looking super shiny blinged out. What it left behind was a very very subtle, I guess clean shine? It also did a good job on my Pioneers touch screen. While I detest eating berries, I really like the sent here. It's a day later and when I got in my car there's still a noticeable fragrance. If this holds up 2 more days I can use it to replace my Chemical Guys air fresher lol. Love the smell of that but it vanishes pretty much after a few days for me.

I would rate it a 2 on the shine factor, there is a bit of difference but it's muted, of course the stuff I used before was Chemical Guys VRP, which will leave a dash blindingly shiny. VRP's a 9 imho. I can't rate the cleaning properties too much because outside of some dust my dash wasn't dirty. When I was done it definitely looked good. I have leather seats but I went with my CG cleaner & conditioner there. Next time I was my car I'll give this a shot there and see how it stacks up.

Pros:
    $6 for a 16oz bottle
    easy to find locally
    good results
    great sent

cons: Maybe it was just a weird coincidence but after I'd finished the inside I noticed a small army of gnats flying in and out of my car a few minutes later. While I can't absolutely attribute that to this product, I've never had gnats like that before. This is my 1st time using it so I'll post again in a week with how it's holding up. VRP lasts a long time, but the shine was just too damn much.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's DUB Clean & Shine

Thanks for the review.
    It sounds like an improved version of Meg's QID (which i really like).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davey g-force View Post
    Thanks for the review.
    It sounds like an improved version of Meg's QID (which i really like).
    I would say its a "similar" version to QID. not improved, as QID is an excellent product and was just released as part of the detailers line maybe last year.

Post Thanks / Like

No, QID (Quik Interior Detailer) has been around for a few years.

Maybe you're thinking of UID (Ultimate Interior Detailer)? That's only new - released late last year I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

I need to get some for my wifes DUB edition Mustang.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's only been 4 days, but an update. I drove around a bit with my top down for a few days and I don't see any dust. Now I've never really paid attention to this with other interior cleaners I've used. Or even just from driving with my top down in general. But I'd think it would lead to dust or at least something dirty looking on a dash that has no type of product on it. Maybe I'm off base here?

Also the killer scent only lasted 3 days, as far as I could smell anywho. So it's about on par with the Chemical Guys dedicated spray I bought. Which smells AMAZING, but seems to fade after about 3 days max. Seeing how this product isn't an air freshener I'll give it a nod here. And since it's so inexpensive and you use so little I might re-apply to my dash every 3 days just to keep the nice smell in my car (and the dash clean) I believe if Meguiars came out with a line of air fresheners that smelled like the DUB line stuff that lasted for a few weeks they could be HUGE HITS. I've used every other product in the DUB line and they smell outstanding. Well all except the Pina Caliente scented wheel cleaner lol.

Post Thanks / Like

You've sparked my curiosity--I might pick up some of this stuff soon

Post Thanks / Like

I find myself regularly reaching for this product on 75 percent of my interior details (the other being Ultima Interior Guard). But my customers absolutely love the natural look and wild berry scent. The scent lasted about 3 weeks in my personal vehicle.