autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up LC purple foamed-wool flat pads, "mini" review

So after doing an ECO TOUCH waterless wash on my wife's Mazda 6 last night I noticed she's been using the trunk as a shelf for something, made some nice scratches there, sorry no pics and I know they'd be helpful here. Anywho, I decided to try out my new LC purple foamed-wool flat pads on it. I should also say I have the 3" ones, thus meaning I'd be using my GG3" RO on the scratches. I decided to Meg's UC for this task.

So I put on the pad, primed it and get ready and the first thing I can say was WOW! My little GG3" RO moved waaaaaaay faster, this I liked...alot! I did the trunk in 3 sections, starting with the area with the scratches and it knocked it RIGHT OUT! I then did the other 2 sections to even it out and I finished with a coat of ECO TOUCH spray wax to protect it, actually ended up using ECO TOUCH spray wax on the entire car too!

I was lucky enough to meet David from LC at our Chicagoland detail day and got to use his Rupes and one of these pads but with a 5" backing plate and was blown away, I was sold right then and there, so I decided to place and order for these pads. I know you can change out the backing plates but I just wish that LC made a 6" pad like this, a 5" is as close as they come.

So inclosing I would like to say that once again the little machine that some say CAN'T, DID I really couldn't get over how much faster the GG3" RO turned with this pad on it, really did a great job and the entire trunk came out great, really looks good!

Looking for a pad that's out of the box in terms of how you attack a job, give this one a try, you'll be impressed!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump for interest.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LC purple foamed-wool flat pads, "mini" review

Thanks for the review and I'm glad they worked well for you. I do love the cutting ability also.

Thanks for your input on additional sizes ans well. It has definitely been brought up before as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any chance of a 6" pad coming out?

Post Thanks / Like

Can you post a picture of the pad after you used it? I've got the same pads for my GG3, and I rarely use them because of the amount of wool fibers that go flying every time you use them, and then once they are used, they look more like a rotary wool pad. I just want to see if it is just me, or if others have the same issues. Also, the GG3 doesn't like to rotate at all with brand new foamed wool pads in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought these foamed wool pads were for rotaries only. How is the cut and finish compared to a yellow Lake Country heavy cut pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    I always thought these foamed wool pads were for rotaries only. How is the cut and finish compared to a yellow Lake Country heavy cut pad?
    I have no experience with the yellow LC heavy cut pad but again today I used my GG3" on my wife's Mazda 6. It seems there were marks on the hood and roof, scratches in a consistent pattern, not sure where they came from but I can tell you this, once again the combo of the GG3"/LC purple foamed wool pad and Meg's UC crushed it, took out the scratches like they were never even there! I also did the top of the bumper, where items coming out of the trunk always seem to land and mark up this area, again, CRUSHED IT!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tersplat View Post
    Can you post a picture of the pad after you used it? I've got the same pads for my GG3, and I rarely use them because of the amount of wool fibers that go flying every time you use them, and then once they are used, they look more like a rotary wool pad. I just want to see if it is just me, or if others have the same issues. Also, the GG3 doesn't like to rotate at all with brand new foamed wool pads in my experience.
    I see nothing flying around at all when using these pads with my GG3" machine at all. As far as rotation goes, well my GG3" rotates much faster with these pads than an "average" pad you'd use. With the GG3" machine you can't put a ton of pressure on it but because it spins faster you can use more than "usual", if that makes any sense.

This pad is a foamed wool and will never "turn into" just wool, not possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been thinking of getting these for Headlight restorations. My regular 3" wool pad delaminated.

Do you think the foamed cuts about the same as a regular wool pad?

2013 Ford F150 EcoBoost FX4 Supercrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifffx4 View Post
    I've been thinking of getting these for Headlight restorations. My regular 3" wool pad delaminated.

Do you think the foamed cuts about the same as a regular wool pad?
    Well I've never used wool but pure wool has to cut more than this hybrid foamed wool pad. That said, its so thin that it helps your machine turn that must faster so it could be a wash.

Keep us posted on the use of this on the headlights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast