This is the 3rd vehicle I have polished (first was my dad’s 2002 Toyota Corolla, second was my wife’s 2003 Nissan Murano which we traded in). Still working on getting good technique with the DA, choosing the right products, etc. Wife just got a 2011 BMW 135i in Sedona Red (sort of a dark red with orange flake). Paint was in pretty good shape, but had some swirls I wanted to knock out. Thought it would be a perfect chance to try Wolfgang TSR for the first time.

After decon (dawn, iron x, clay) I started with TSR and an LC Flat 5.5” White Pad. Didn’t seem to cut a whole lot, so I stepped up to an Orange. Still wasn’t quite getting the correction I wanted, so I used a CarPro 5” Cool Wool pad. First time using this pad and it was great! Was able to work it pretty hard without it getting too hot. Amazed at how well the car finished down with the wool pad. No hazing and no new marring that I could see. I was out of time otherwise I would have gone over the car one more time with the white pad + WG Finishing Glaze to really get the paint singing. I purposefully put a short life LSP on for this reason.

But I was really surprised that the Cool Wool pad didn’t haze/mar the paint up. I would've assumed that the wool pad would be way more aggressive than an orange pad. Knocked out all the light swirls but was not able to get some of the deeper marring out. I don’t know if it was my technique or my machine or maybe just really hard BMW paint or maybe I needed to work the product longer? Used an HF DA, 3-4 pea sized drops, 4 passes firm pressure, then medium pressure, no pressure and feathering. 18" - 24" sections. Wonder if stepping up to WG Uber would have knocked out those deeper scratches?

I don’t have pictures, but will post once the car is back (wife wanted to immediately take it for a spin). Definitely a great improvement from where it was before. But, 2 really great products that I would have never known of if not for AG!