autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My Mustang on Race Ramps

Race Ramps 2 Piece Car Service Ramps - 67 Inch

There has been a lot of talk about Race Ramps and it was time to put them to the test. My mustang was a perfect candidate for the Race Ramps because it has a stock ride height.

Autogeek.net
    "Race Ramps 67 inch 2 Piece Car Service Ramps have a gentle, 10.8 degree angle for your low clearance vehicle -- but don't let that "gentle" stuff fool you. These solid core design ramps are the toughest around, supporting up to 3,000 pounds and tires up to 12 inches wide. Whether you've got a Corvette or other low clearance vehicle, this low profile car ramp will get the job done.

The 67 inch Race Ramps XT are ideal for oil changing, car detailing or other routine maintenance. Expect to be surprised, because you won't believe how easy it is to drive up the ramp.

These lightweight, low profile car ramps easily lift your car 10 inches off the ground, but they weigh only 15 pounds each, meaning that doing maintenance on your low clearance vehicle won't be the usual chore (no more heavy blocks of wood!) Most of all, our 67 inch Race Ramps are safe and Unscootable, hugging the ground and never slipping or sliding no matter what the ground's like -- grass, dirt and yes, even ice! If you're working in the garage or in the driveway, like all Race Ramps, it won't dig into, scratch or blemish your floors."

Specs:
    • 67 inches long, 14 inches wide
    • 10 inch lift height with a 10.8 degree incline
    • 1 set supports up to 3,000 pounds
    • Includes handy straps for carrying and storage

Advantages:
    • Special construction — won't scratch or mark your floors!
    • Lightweight — easy to carry and maneuver
    • Solid core — no holes or hollows for your favorite spider to live in!
    • Unscootable! Won't slip or slide, no matter the surface

How nice is it to purchase something and see "Made in the USA" on the box? Doesn't happen too much anymore. Thanks Race Ramps

Just to make sure, I measured my clearance

Next I lined up the Race Ramps and hit the gas

Getting up on the Race Ramp was really easy, I took it a little slow because it was my first time. But other than that, I would say anybody can easily drive up on these ramps. It has a lip at the end of the ramp and it was very clear when I had reached the top.

I was very shocked at how much clearance was gained with the car being 10 inches off the ground. I could easily get under the car and do an oil change for instance

Race Ramps are lightweight and easy to store, not to mention very easy to use. Look at that, I'm holding them up without any effort and I'm not even that strong

Conclusion:
    If you are going to be under your car often, I would highly recommend these Race Ramps. The material that they're made of is what shocked me the most. It's lightweight but durable as heck. I was very surprised with these ramps and will recommend them to anyone that works under cars. I'm sold!

Race Ramps Vehicle Ramps

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Mustang on Race Ramps

Cool, great review!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

People have told me I don't need ramps to get underneath my Honda Element. Maybe I'm just too fat. Regardless, I got Race Ramps, and they are indeed as good as everyone says they are.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the 67" Race Ramps a few years ago and also bought the extensions for lower cars. At the time my Corvette GrandSport's chin spoiler was too low for any other ramp. The Race Ramps work extremely well and as mentioned are light and easy to move and store.

After I had the ramps for about 2 months I ended up buying their wheel cribs for the rear so once I am on the ramps I can jack up the rear and place them under the tires and have a level car to work under.

They are a little pricey, but well worth the investment if you're ever getting under the car.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Race Ramps!

Makes working on front bumpers a breeze!
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

I love race ramps. I still have mine when I still drove my z06. The vette is gone but the ramps remain!

Post Thanks / Like

hummmm alittle detail work on the undercage andre... lol just kiddding great review

Post Thanks / Like

I HAD to get race ramps when I got my challenger, my front air spoiler wouldn't clear the old rhino ramps I owned.

I wish I would have bought the race ramps first. The removable piece alone is worth the price. Add to it that they do NOT slip on ANY surface I've ever used them on, and they are unbelievably light and pretty much can't collapse, and you've got a winning product right there.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like my set of Race Ramps...
    Good "invention" !!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, these are great products with a solution for vehicles with extremely low clearance in the front. My dad and I built some custom ones with wood that were downright dangerous when he bought his Z06 about 7 years ago. These don't budge and like you mentioned are super light. Getting the rear ramps as well and you can easily get the entire car level and off the ground. Nice thing is those fronts disassemble so you can easily get up under the middle of the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast