autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailer's Helper Auto Detailing Belt Review

Detailer’s Helper Auto Detailing Belt

So first and foremost i have to thank Nick and the autogeek team for allowing me to review the Detailers Helper Auto Detailing Belt.

This is a must have for the professional, mobile detailer or the weekend warrior.

The belt is very well constructed, the pockets are not attatched to the belt which is really good so you can arrange the pockets any way you want. the pockets them selves are soft to the touch and will keep you from marring or scratching paint. the strap to hold the cord behind your back is a life saver as well.

At one point i had this thing stuffed with a few towels, a 32oz Uber Compound, tape, interior cleaning brush, a roll of tape and even used the small pocket to put all the tape as i was removing it from the vehicle when i was done compounding. its suppose to be for your cell phone, but i found it better to put the used tape so i can continue with the work. it saves you so much time not having to stop and look for your products, they are all right there at your fingertips. the only thing i stopped for was to get something to drink.

the only thing i would say that it is missing is a strap to hold the polisher while you wipe away the compound, polish or wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailer's Helper Auto Detailing Belt Review

Thx for the review... I often find myself hanging bottles from my pockets. So I can appreciate this

How does the belt adjust? How small does it get?

Not sure if strapping polisher to it would be a good idea... Too heavy and you might risk banging it into something. Just my two cents.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Thx for the review... I often find myself hanging bottles from my pockets. So I can appreciate this

How does the belt adjust? How small does it get?

Not sure if strapping polisher to it would be a good idea... Too heavy and you might risk banging it into something. Just my two cents.
    its all Velcro, and can be adjusted a good bit.

i thought about the weight thing and banging it up against the car, but it wouldn't hang there for to long. i think just long enough to wipe off product and placing it in the back along with the cord strap i think it would be ok. i would say a hook of some type, but then that defeats the purpose of keeping it soft to the touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post
    its all Velcro, and can be adjusted a good bit.

i thought about the weight thing and banging it up against the car, but it wouldn't hang there for to long. i think just long enough to wipe off product and placing it in the back along with the cord strap i think it would be ok. i would say a hook of some type, but then that defeats the purpose of keeping it soft to the touch.
    True... Don't see lugging a polisher strapped to you for very long. And yeah, a hook would defeat the soft to the touch.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    True... Don't see lugging a polisher strapped to you for very long. And yeah, a hook would defeat the soft to the touch.
    i will say this, there is no going back to not using this belt, it saves you time and headaches

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! Thank you for the review. Being able to easily secure a polisher's cord behind my back is worth it alone!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Very nice! Thank you for the review. Being able to easily secure a polisher's cord behind my back is worth it alone!
    it is worth it for sure. keeping the cord out of your way really goes a long way

Post Thanks / Like

$50 is too expensive.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymz View Post
    $50 is too expensive.

Jim
    I agree. Should be around $20-30 range I think. I think I'd rather spend $20 on an apron over $50 for a belt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymz View Post
    $50 is too expensive.

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by JAF06SE View Post
    I agree. Should be around $20-30 range I think. I think I'd rather spend $20 on an apron over $50 for a belt.
    when time is a factor, the $50 is nothing. if i had bought it, it would have paid for itself in the 1st half hour of me working. not having to stop to look for your polish, tape, towels it makes a huge difference.

i think i cut an hour off my time yesterday from not having to stop other than just for water. it was great for me and my customer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast