autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical guys products

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanfreeek View Post
    Hey Zexel! Care to elaborate? I was getting ready to order more from them. So some more info on the polishes and tire dressings would be great! .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just stick to their transitional products

Wash:
    -Mr Pink (smells good! too)
    -Citrus Wash + Gloss enhancer

Polish (been a couple of months and still has polish):
    -V 36 (cutting)
    -V 38 (polish)

Protection:
    -Blacklight + Hybrid V07

Dressing:
    -V.R.P (Vinyl, Rubber, and Plastic)

Rims:
    -Wheel Guard (One Coat)

[IMG][/IMG]
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Silk Shine is my favorite interior dressing with 303 a close second. V7 is a great detail spray, I don't know that I'd go as far as to call it a "sealant" I do however like Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray better but the V7 by the gallon is a superior value $$$ and they are so close in results I'd have to give the edge to V7. Pete's 53 is still imho the best carnauba wax for the money on the market today.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Chemical guys products

Awesome guys! Aztec, I love your mustang! Nice paint! I swear if I could id sell my soul for a mustang . All I want is a 2004 SVT. Is that too much to ask for? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleanfreeek View Post
    Awesome guys! Aztec, I love your mustang! Nice paint! I swear if I could id sell my soul for a mustang . All I want is a 2004 SVT. Is that too much to ask for? LOL

It's my brothers I maintain if for him......I am asking for a 69 Chevelle SS
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone tried the new JetSeal formula?
    Like my company on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/TheSimmondsGroup

Post Thanks / Like

Although I haven't tried waxes and polishes from CG, I like many of their cleaning products and use them in a regular basis.

Reason: High dilution rates, and works as advertised.

Heavy Duty Orange Degreaser: diluting it from 1:6 through 1:40 makes this a very powerful and versatile degreaser.

Bug Tar Wash: Great for pre-soak / rinse, makes removal of embedded bugs and dirty a breeze, easing wash afterwards. Not so effective on tar indeed (for that I may use dedicated tar remover).

All Clean+ Citrus: 1:10 / 1:20 are the general dilution rates I may use. Works totally as advertised, great product.

NonSense APC: Smells absolutely like nothing, my favorite interior cleaner (paired with Sonax Interior Cleaner). 1:10 / 1:20, cleans easy virtually any surface.

Diablo Gel: After degreasing and brushing wheels, I may use the gel to leave a streak / spot-free and very clean surface. It clings to surface and make the cleaning of face of wheels a pleasure, and effortless. My favorite tool for using it is a brush (~'paint brush').

Extreme Leather Cleaner: I suspect this product is the same as NonSense, since it smells like nothing and have wonderful cleaning power. However, dilution on this one is recommended at 1:6, which makes it a bit less concentrated than NonSense. Cleans nasty leather seats almost effortlessly, and may work on variable surfaces like light color plastics.

Leather Conditioner (brown color): Great scent and effect, non-slip can even be used on steering wheels.

New Car Scent / Leather Scent: A mix of both products + water (secret formula hahah) is my go to car scent. What I like most about those products is beyond being a scent, they have bactericide properties and may get rid of odors inside of vehicle. Durability is not the strong side of those products, however, they may remove odd odors permanently.

New Car high Shine Dressing: Impressed me the fact it leaves a beautiful shine, dry to the touch, without being so glossy. It's not matte as well, for my taste, it's just right. Looks very professional.

Wonder Wash soap: The name says it all, it's wonderful wash media. Ordered recently to test and after that I'm holding myself not to waste the whole bottle because I only want to use it from now on. Coconut Smell is addicting (at least to me).

Mr. Pink: Great wash media.

Citrus Wash Gloss Soap: Strong soap, high dilution rate and versatile.

That said, I can conclude I rely on many CG products, like and use them often. I barely feel the need to substitute the CG that are working for me.

One simple example, when I need more cleaning on wheels, I may step up to IronX paste... that, after using my degreaser / diablo gel standard that will work on majority of cases.

Another reason I've sticked with those products (apart they work great) is that I never messed any surface using them, so I believe they are pretty safe for our needs.

Hope that helps.

Best Wishes.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12