autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meg's Dub line Wheel Cleaner review

I forgot to take pictures, will do that next car I use it on and post again here.

I've never used a Wheel Cleaner of this type before, usually I just use soap and maybe an APC. I've been wanting to try Iron-X or something similar for awhile but just never got around to ordering it. When I read Wally World would have the Dub line I decided I'd run out and pick some up.

Car used on was an '02 *I think* BMW 325. Outside of regular washing, the rims have never had a dedicated product used on them. This stuff sprays pretty thick, but some of it does run off. It comes out a bright neon green/yellow'ish color. I let it dwell for the 5 minutes Meguiar's recommends. I definitely was seeing a lot of the color change. As I worked the rim with a Wheel Woolie the color change became a lot more apparent.

*NOTE* I hadn't really done much to clean the rims prior to this, I sprayed them with a foam gun w/CG Honeydew, but I honestly forgot to scrub them. After I used the Wheel Woolie I used an Uber boars hair wheel brush on the face. Without a lot of elbow grease used, I rinsed them off with a hose with the water pressure pretty low. They looked very clean and shiny.

Since I've never used Iron-X or Iron Off, I can't do a comparson. But for a $8 product I bought at a huge chain store this stuff's impressive. If I had to estimate I'd say I used maybe an 8th of the bottle. Maybe I should have used more product, but maybe I used too much? Either way I think this stuff's a fantastic deal. Only downside is the smell's pretty bad. Apparently Meg got the scent a lot more toned down than Iron X. All I can say is it's strong and not the greatest, I used it out doors, and it was still pretty strong even 10 feet away. But, the product does a fantastic job and once I rinsed the rims off the smell had pretty much gone away.

I'd still like to try Iron X or Iron Off just so I can see a side by side, but as far as a B&M available product this stuff has impressed me greatly. I'll definitely be keeping it in my Arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meg's Dub line Wheel Cleaner review

To be honest I feel like trying out Iron-X too I been using Diablo Gel by CG and it works great also CG Wheel Guard. I do plan on doing a comparison soon with Iron-X and CG Diablo Gel

[IMG][/IMG]
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. Glad it worked out for you. It is really a nice OTC product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I been waiting to try this out. Been using sonax FE and I'm running out. FE smells pretty bad as well so that don't bother me as long as it works.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 808_detail_nut View Post
    I been waiting to try this out. Been using sonax FE and I'm running out. FE smells pretty bad as well so that don't bother me as long as it works.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online
    This one does indeed smell bad, but I can smell the Pina Colada when I first sniff it. Unfortunately that goes away almost instantly and *BAM* the rotten stench. Props to Meg's for calling the scent Pina Calente. They obviously have a sense of humor.