autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: just got my wheel woolies...now disappointed ....

Here is a question that I don't think has been asked. What wheels have you used them on?

They are just another tool in your arsenal IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by primo spaghetti View Post
    the manufacturer lists the following description...

The soft, dense carpet fibers will hold suds and transfer them to the wheel. These brushes are made entirely of polypropylene and will stand up to any cleaner you choose to use. Since they are 100% polypropylene, they are recyclable.

the manufacturer is going to have the best description of the product composition.

and rest assured, here is a video from 2012 listing polypropylene fibres. no one is pulling the "wool" over your eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM44qwjikrs

and one from Braun Brush from 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kq6NA-9DfQ
    If they've always been pp material, then AG and everyone elses listings are/were wrong in stating wool.

Post Thanks / Like

I see a lot of folks justifying that synthetic will be better than wool, so be it. However he ordered what he expected to be wool, and was sent something different. Someone from AG should look into this matter for him as he ultimately did not get what he paid for.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have WWs. I have no idea if they are wool, synthetic wool, or whatever. The way I look at it is, life it too short to worry about this stuff. If they work - who cares? Your not buying a Fabergé egg here.

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of taking to the forums and complaining, contact the vendor and get it resolved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boosteddub69 View Post
    Instead of taking to the forums and complaining, contact the vendor and get it resolved.
    Not that affects me in any way (I'm happy enough with my Daytona brushes), but it's good to bring this to the attention of the forum so others would not be similarly disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

I have emailed, but like said above if i were buying something id want real user experience and thats what im providing. There is no reason that a description should not match a product received. Hopefully this can be resolved and clear things up for others who may be purchasing.

Its really like anything you buy, whether its the $100 boutique wax vs colliite 476 or some other analogy. You bought it for some reason that doesnt have to make sense to anyone but yourself. But if you bought the boutique wax and they sent a pot of 476 instead, you guys who are saying that its no big deal, it does the same thing, would be singing another tune entirely.

You just like the boutique wax for some reason, as some have said, it just feels nice or expensive. And i just liked the idea of real wool...thats it.

Ill follow up the thread with any new information i have.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what your saying if the description tell you that the product is one thing then you are expecting it to be what it said, and your right I brought mines(3 piece off amazon) for the same reason cause I wanted to use the best on my beloved car but when I got them they was not wool, and I was disappointed but after a while from using them I realized they have to be synthetic cause they are a instant like for almost everyone who tries them but the main hiccup with most websites is that they use the wrong wording or misadvertisement by accident but I hope you get your answers you are looking for.....just my eight cents, keep us posted, and good luck

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I am certain that AGO will gladly accept your return of this unacceptable product and refund your money.

Have you been able to source a Genuine Wool Wheel Cleaning Tool?

Maybe this one will be more to your liking:

Lake Country Wool Wheel Washing Mitt

Adams claims that theirs are, "Adam's Wheel Woolies Wheel Cleaning Tools are made from ultra high quality, densely packed, wool fibers"

So does Carrand:

"The Carrand Sheepskin Wheel Cleaner cleans wheels with the gentle touch of sheepskin! You trust sheepskin to safely wash the paint; now you can give your wheels the same TLC. The Carrand Sheepskin Wheel Cleaner is comfortable to use and safe on all wheels."

There are many more out there. Google : Wheel Wool Clean

Post Thanks / Like

The updated response i got from AG CS was that they are changing their description due to my thread. Theyve always been synthetic and there have been no customer complaints.

I could return them, but as Ive said, it was about the price perception under which I made the purchase. Im sure these are worth the money in the long run, but it is still quite high IMO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast