autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

Not very much info on the DG website and I had questions regarding DG's new coating so I sent an email to Dr. Bailey one of the owners of DG.

The product is actually named NanoGlass Ceramic Coating (NGCC)--Envirosheild is the name of the kit that includes the coating, Squeaky Clean, applicators and a towel.

Hope this helps clear up questions any of you may have.

Dr. B's responses to my questions begin with an *:

Does NGCC add any extra hardness to the existing clear coat to provide scratch resistance?
    *NGCC will add hardness and scratch resistance.

After polishing is it OK to use something other than Squeaky Clean to remove polishing oils such as IPA, Carpro Eraser etc?
    *Prior to applying NGCC, you could clean the surface with IPA. I am not familiar with Carpro Erasier.

While applying NGCC how long do you have to remove high spots (with the MF towel) before the product has cured too much to allow this?
    *High spots should be buffed quickly before curing.

What is the initial cure time of NGCC? (To keep the vehicle out of rain as an example)
    *It is best to wait 24 hours for complete curing.

What is the extended time for the NGCC to reach full hardness?
    *Same amount of time for hardness, 24 hours.

Can NGCC be layered on itself? If so are there any advantages to this? How soon can it be layered on itself? If so, how long after application can it be layered?
    *NGCC can be layered after 24 hours for the first coat to cure.

Approximately how much of the 4 oz of NGCC should be used for the proper application to say an average mid-sized sedan?
    *It should only require approx. 2oz for an average car. A little goes a long way and it is best to apply a thin coat.

Can NGCC be topped with other waxes or sealants? If so, how soon?
    *NGCC should not be topped with any wax or sealant.

Can and should NGCC be topped with spray on sealants (such as AquaWax) to extend it's life?
    *It is not necessary to top with Aquawax. If you do I would wait at least three months.

As part of maintenance can the coating be clayed without damaging the coating?
    *We do not recommend claying which will damage the coating.

Once opened what is the shelf life of the coating remaing in the bottle?
    *Shelf life after opening should be at least one year.

Can the applicator pads be cleaned after use so that they can be reused for additional applications? If so what should be used to clean them?
    *You could clean the applicator pads with IPA.

A final comment from Dr Bailey.
    *This coating is formulated to be used as a final protection, any other coatings over it are not recommended.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of questions, informative but some questions were answered already, inparticular the one about cure time and AW.

2oz to do an average mid-sied car, that seems like a lot IMO. I have a very small car and the bottle seems pretty full after using the coating and I know I used more than I was supposed to.

I like the info on adding hardness and scratch resistance, GREAT question!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Additional info from Dr B---
    Since you recommend not topping the coating with anything, including AquaWax, is it OK to wash with rinseless washes like Duragloss 931/932 or Optimum No Rinse or should it be washed with traditional car wash soap like 901/902?
    Dr B--*You can use either of the no rinse products , hopefully ours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stating that either rinseless wash is ok but prefer to use his shows what a "Klasse Act" Bill truely is!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Stating that either rinseless wash is ok but prefer to use his shows what a "Klasse Act" Bill truely is!

Both brothers are. I wish I had a "like" button for your post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Both brothers are. I wish I had a "like" button for your post.
    Thanks Richy, I appreciate that coming from you! I give praise where its earned and call out those whom earn it as well, its all about balance.

Ok, application #2 went on today, 2 wks after the 1st application and it went on better, helps when its 76 outside and atleast 60 in the underground garage, better than last time. I did use less this time and wiped in and in and per the directions wiped the excess in w/ a mf towel, flawless finish. The car will sit for the rest of the evening, all day Sunday and leave on Monday late morning, so the curing process is ensured, including temp, perfect!

I also treated the windows but decided to go with Collinte #476, also treated the wheels too with it. Not exactly sure if its ok to use on glass so I went with a tried and true product. At some point I'll try it on the wheels but I've got so many LSP's that I need to use em' for something, right, LOL!

So we're half way through April of 2014 and I don't have to re-apply DGNCC until 2016...WOW! This is going to be one hell of a test for me, my wife and friends have asked me what I'm going to do with my hands now, LOL! I know this, lots of rinseless washes and QD wipedowns, I have a black car now, metallic or not I want it looking its best at all times!

April TWO THOUSAND AND SIXTEEN...my God, what have I done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like my timing was perfect for coat #2, supposed to be 41 and some snow flurries tomorrow, this after it being 77 on Saturday!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I coated an Escape today and used roughly .5 oz. Anything more than a few sprays per panel were simply being wiped away. The vehicle was black, I polished with d300 and 205, used the squeaky clean without a wash and applied the coating. The panels were "sticky" after the squeaky clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting on my buddy Derek to post pics of his Lava Red MS3, he did his spring clean-up, wait till you guys see how this car looks!

Post Thanks / Like

Did my spring cleanup Thursday night. Spent 6.5 hours on the car. Did an ONR wash, clayed with my Optimum Opti-Eraser, polished the car with Megs M205 using an orange Lake Country CCs pads, wiped it down with Griot's prewax cleanser, applied Squeaky Clean Surface Prep and then coated the car using Durogloss NanoGlass Ceramic Coating. It was 50 degreees outside but 64 in my garage.

Pre wash:

The aftermath:

Everything went pretty smoothly. My car is a daily driver and I have manage to put 68000 miles on her in just over 3 years. The paint is no where near flawless but I keep her pretty well maintained so what swirls or light scratches that came with winter are gone now. The NGCC laid down nicely, this was my first time using a coating and from what I read about all the others, NGCC doesn't seem to flash as quickly. I noticed that that the it tended to streak in some spots the more I worked it in. I had a few high spots but I am heavy handed and tend to apply too much product at times. I was able to easily buff these spots out though. I plan on giving it a second coat next weekend. Sorry for the cell phone pics.....

Next day pics:

2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast