autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    In an unrelated topic the Squeaky Clean doesn't stick to the inside of the bottle when you shake it up, it just runs down the side and settles, I've never seen a product do this before.

I guess Squeaky Clean is just an extra measure to get the paint clean, even after wash/paint decontamination/polish. Because it came in the kit I used it and I'm glad I did, very easy to use, no issues applying/removing and NO dusting either!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

IF i missed this then disregard..

But why not use M205 AFTER M101 to gloss that baby up? Time restraint?

M101 is lightning rocks in a bottle. Its literally the king of aggressive compounds. I can only imagine how much more clarity and gloss would have be obtained with a few passes per panel! To be honest i kinda feel cheated lol, because now i will wonder what could have been if 205 was used!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher.Brown View Post
    IF i missed this then disregard..

But why not use M205 AFTER M101 to gloss that baby up? Time restraint?

M101 is lightning rocks in a bottle. Its literally the king of aggressive compounds. I can only imagine how much more clarity and gloss would have be obtained with a few passes per panel! To be honest i kinda feel cheated lol, because now i will wonder what could have been if 205 was used!
    Its a fair enough question Chris but for one I don't have M205, but I do have Griot's machine polish #2 and #3, so I were to go the route many go it would've been GG MP#3 for sure. That said though, the car is brand new and the swirls were pretty light, so I decided to just go with M101, especially after taking it outside to see what it looked like afterwards. I know you start with the least aggressive product and then follow up with a light polish to "even it out" but what I ended up doing was dialing my GG6" RO down to 4.5 and use their orange foam pad and ended up getting a very nice finish. Now on an older car with a bit more wear and tear, sure, following M101 up with a less aggressive product like GG MP#3 would've netted the best results but like I said IMO with this car it wasn't needed due to how well M101 finishes.

I'm hoping that others who've bought this kit come on in and post the pics, it may be hard to find due to the banter about the product but those savy enough will find the new pics and comments surely

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    In an unrelated topic the Squeaky Clean doesn't stick to the inside of the bottle when you shake it up, it just runs down the side and settles, I've never seen a product do this before.

I guess Squeaky Clean is just an extra measure to get the paint clean, even after wash/paint decontamination/polish. Because it came in the kit I used it and I'm glad I did, very easy to use, no issues applying/removing and NO dusting either!

That is surely interesting about the product not clinging to the sides of the bottle. I will definitely be using the Squeaky Clean before the application of the coating. I just ask a lot of questions about a lot of stuff, simply to get the best insight into things. I've been known to over think a lot of stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    That is surely interesting about the product not clinging to the sides of the bottle. I will definitely be using the Squeaky Clean before the application of the coating. I just ask a lot of questions about a lot of stuff, simply to get the best insight into things. I've been known to over think a lot of stuff.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of this forum Dave, LOL!

There has to be someone first and in this case it appears to be me and it seems I covered all the bases in most cases initially but seeing how many pages we've gotten to right now, we've covered just about everything. That said durability will come in time but I know this as of now, the looks are awesome, rinseless wash is even easier and the use of QD is a snap as well, staying subscribed to this thread over the next couple monthes and years will result in info on durability.

Thanks again to DG for bringing such a great product to market when it was ready!

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review! Also great looking 500. You've done a good job with it. Enjoy, they are fun to drive.

Post Thanks / Like

I get my delivery this thursday. I look forward to using it after reading you review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry S View Post
    Excellent review! Also great looking 500. You've done a good job with it. Enjoy, they are fun to drive.
    Thank you! I've got some "show" parts awaiting installation as well as some "GO" parts too, have to keep a balance! I look forward to heading to work as well as leaving work because I know what's waiting to take me where I've gotta go!

Post Thanks / Like

***UPDATE***

Just received an email from Bill about the use of AW on cars coating with Enviroshield and he said to wait 6 monthes to use it and it will deepen the color when used. This is straight from the president of Duragloss.

Also he told me the coating "flashes" is minutes and cures in 24 hrs, so that's when you can add the 2nd coat, stated earlier in the thread but its always good to post it again

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed should be awesome to watch as time progresses.

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast