autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Silverfox, your concerns are valid for sure, I/we understand but I trust DG 100% on this product as they didn't rush it out along with other coatings. The 2nd coat is key IMO with any coating, not only an additional coat but piece of mind with complete and total coverage.

As far as Squeaky Clean goes Richy covered it but I would also like to add this, I have nothing on my windows as far as protection goes but did clean them with SC and the water flies off, proving that really clean windows can have water fly off of them too!

In closing Silverfox may I suggest just giving it a try?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy trying new products. It's claims alone will surely put it on my radar. I'm a coatings fan but in my experience with them you are incredibly lucky to get the application right the first time if you have no experience with coatings. If someone can take a person who has never used a coating and can truly apply it and walk away with excellent results, they won't be able too make it fast enough. Being a DG product I should know better than to doubt any claim they make but coatings are a different animal
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the 1st time I applied a coating to my car was last fall and it was DP and I had NO issues during or after the process and like I said before, temps were the issue as I thought it would've been warm enough inside because it was 54 outside, live and learn and no harm, no foul.

Squeaky Clean can absolutely be used as a surface cleaner if your using another DG product like #105, #111 or #501. I would take it a step further to say you could probably use it with anything else as its just a strong cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    No, it's strictly a cleaner product. Having said that, it's a powerful cleaner. This Jeep I did was white and I used SC with a white B/S pad and my Flex and the paint just glowed. The Americoat made it even better. I'm not done it yet, but will have pics up early next week. It is not like 601 at all. The best analogy is that it's like 501 but without a sealant aspect to it...only the cleaning part.
    Great!!! Thanks Richy!!

Post Thanks / Like

There will always be people who take claims too literally such as Wipe On Walk Away..Racing around the vehicle expecting to simply use an applicator only wiping the product on the car and then walking away to complain about the application the next day, because very little research was done or very little common sense was used during the application.

Then you'll have the folks who have read enough, asked enough questions, thought their application process through enough, to pull it off nearly perfect the first time.

One thing I'll note here about my wipe on walk away process that should help any newbie to coatings applications, is that when I race around the vehicle applying a coating, in the same panel I'm also going back over the panel with a clean microfiber towel "with the intent of lightly smoothing the product on evenly". Some may claim this removes some of the product, and I'm sure that's true, but the intent is to lightly smooth it on, not to remove it, so I'm not pressing on the towel as I lightly smooth down the application.

It's an aid to application, not an attempt to remove anything, so it's still wipe on walk away.

Post Thanks / Like

If 1 application is estimated at 2 years any thoughts on what 2 layers would do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G35 View Post
    If 1 application is estimated at 2 years any thoughts on what 2 layers would do?
    I'm sticking with the 2 yrs on that one and even though its DG, I'll be monitoring the progress because its still hard to believe something can last 2 full years, especially here in the midwest!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Have you heard anything (or do you think) that the Squeaky Clean might also be a primer or bonding agent such as 601 is for other products from DG? Just curious, not trying to complicate or throw off this thread.

I just wonder if one could just purchase the Ceramic coating only, (if someday it all doesn't come as a kit anymore) and use a traditional bucket wash with a little degreaser or APC in with the car wash concentrate to prep for this coating..?

Thoughts?...anyone?...
    It is all sold on DG's site either as a kit or individually

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    You can parse words anyway you want. WOWA is a lousy term no matter how its sugar coated. I can also say I walked away after working on a car for 12 hours. Whatever. Point noted.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    It is all sold on DG's site either as a kit or individually

Dave
    Thanks Dave.

I was thinking along the lines of using the prep that I currently use before applying Opti-Coat.

I would have hated to do that if the Squeaky Clean was actually some sort of chemical that creates the bond or durability sort of like HD Nitro Seal has the partA and partB.

I'm delighted to hear that Enviroshield is not a partA, partB product. I'm one for doing tests with products, so I'll probably apply the Enviroshield coating with the Squeaky Clean and without it too to see if there'll be any difference in look or durability.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast