autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO the key to using this product, besides making sure the paint is cleaned (clay or Speedy prep or equivelant) polished to your satisfaction and then apply the Squeaky Clean to ensure a completely clean and free from anything surface...AND then apply the coating. I already can report that warm temps, 60 or above, are key and the "less is more" method goes a long way here for sure. Basically if you've used a WOWA product before you should have NO fear using this coating.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

The million dollar question I have not seen, how do you remove the coating it if need be.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I would guess like the other coatings,polishing will remove it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blkSRT View Post
    I would guess like the other coatings,polishing will remove it.
    I had some DLux that did not turn out well one time and had to use compound to remove it, nothing else would touch it. Just thinking about paint touch ups etc. requiring removal of some parts of the coating. I would hope there is a better way as compounding would remove some of the thin clear coat.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    IMO the key to using this product, besides making sure the paint is cleaned (clay or Speedy prep or equivelant) polished to your satisfaction and then apply the Squeaky Clean to ensure a completely clean and free from anything surface...AND then apply the coating. I already can report that warm temps, 60 or above, are key and the "less is more" method goes a long way here for sure. Basically if you've used a WOWA product before you should have NO fear using this coating.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    Have you heard anything (or do you think) that the Squeaky Clean might also be a primer or bonding agent such as 601 is for other products from DG? Just curious, not trying to complicate or throw off this thread.

I just wonder if one could just purchase the Ceramic coating only, (if someday it all doesn't come as a kit anymore) and use a traditional bucket wash with a little degreaser or APC in with the car wash concentrate to prep for this coating..?

Thoughts?...anyone?...

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Have you heard anything (or do you think) that the Squeaky Clean might also be a primer or bonding agent such as 601 is for other products from DG? Just curious, not trying to complicate or throw off this thread.

I just wonder if one could just purchase the Ceramic coating only, (if someday it all doesn't come as a kit anymore) and use a traditional bucket wash with a little degreaser or APC in with the car wash concentrate to prep for this coating..?

Thoughts?...anyone?...
    Dave, SC was designed on my request and then after many months of field testing it was made available to the public. I have used it before both CQF and OG with great results. In fact I'm using it tonight to prep a Jeep Cherokee for Americoat. It was specifically designed as a precursor to a coating application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Dave, SC was designed on my request and then after many months of field testing it was made available to the public. I have used it before both CQF and OG with great results. In fact I'm using it tonight to prep a Jeep Cherokee for Americoat. It was specifically designed as a precursor to a coating application.
    Thanks Richy, I figured you'd be here soon.

So is it anything more than a cleaner? Does it provide some sort of chemical mix or reaction to increase the bond, durability or longevity of coatings or is it more just a great cleaner to provide the "surgically clean" condition that coatings are best applied to?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Thanks Richy, I figured you'd be here soon.

So is it anything more than a cleaner? Does it provide some sort of chemical mix or reaction to increase the bond, durability or longevity of coatings or is it more just a great cleaner to provide the "surgically clean" condition that coatings are best applied to?

No, it's strictly a cleaner product. Having said that, it's a powerful cleaner. This Jeep I did was white and I used SC with a white B/S pad and my Flex and the paint just glowed. The Americoat made it even better. I'm not done it yet, but will have pics up early next week. It is not like 601 at all. The best analogy is that it's like 501 but without a sealant aspect to it...only the cleaning part.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the concern with this product is the WOWA aspect claimed by this or any coating. Having worked with a few coatings I would have to see this to believe it, and I'm a DG fan big time. I guarantee you that folks will apply too much and walk away only to wake up the next day in shock. And if the claim is also true that the excess can easily be wiped off the next day I wonder about the true longevity of this. I'll stick with DG 105 which I know I can get 9 months easily until I read more reviews on this.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast