autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

Going on 26 months on wife's car. Still no sign of wear.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Going on 26 months on wife's car. Still no sign of wear.
    Really? Is it garaged?

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a bottle of nanoglass but do not have squeaky clean.
    It is highly suggested that you use Squeaky Clean before Nanoglass. It removes anything that might prevent the coating from making the best contact with the paint. 601/105 probably would be the opposite effect and may prevent that good contact. There are other products available that may do the same thing, some may even suggest using an isopropyl alcohol wipe, but you know the Squeaky Clean was made for that purpose and probably matches up with the compounds in your coating better. Check out some of the previous posts that give pretty detailed instructions on using these products.
    I get 6 to 9 months easily on my daily drivers with 601/105, But I enjoy the therapeutic effect of rubbing my rides every now and then.

Post Thanks / Like

It's garaged overnight but outside all day.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good results Silverfox!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

We bought the car new in March 2014. It is still beading well. This product if you believe the non support of this product by most coating users...has either over performed, or it's a hidden gem.

In my book the test of a coating isn't how slick or great it looks a month or two later. It's how it looks two or more YEARS later. I say two or more years because if it can't last at least that long the hype isn't worth much about coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used the Enviroshield Kit,but I have used Squeaky Clean. I tried it for the first time in December on my daily driver HHR that sits outside 24/7. It really seems to have helped with the durability /beading of my 105/601. I have used FCS or DG rinseless mixed as a QD after every wash. We have had a ton of rain and pollen,and I'm still getting really nice beading.
    Whenever the pollen stops flying I will put on some more 105/601.

I wish I would've gotten the whole kit as it is an incredible bargain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    I have not used the Enviroshield Kit,but I have used Squeaky Clean. I tried it for the first time in December on my daily driver HHR that sits outside 24/7. It really seems to have helped with the durability /beading of my 105/601. I have used FCS or DG rinseless mixed as a QD after every wash. We have had a ton of rain and pollen,and I'm still getting really nice beading.
    Whenever the pollen stops flying I will put on some more 105/601.
    I wish I would've gotten the whole kit as it is an incredible bargain.
    I was wondering the same thing... Is Squeaky Clean a good pre-conditioner for any wax/sealant/coating?
    Someone call Bro. Jerry at DG.

Post Thanks / Like

SC is an excellent coating prep product. I used it and have used it as a paint cleaner before applying sealants or waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    We bought the car new in March 2014. It is still beading well. This product if you believe the non support of this product by most coating users...has either over performed, or it's a hidden gem.

In my book the test of a coating isn't how slick or great it looks a month or two later. It's how it looks two or more YEARS later. I say two or more years because if it can't last at least that long the hype isn't worth much about coatings.
    I bought this product back in 2014 and waited to use it on my then new 2013 Abarth. I waited till it was 56 outside and applied a coat, having used SC before hand. I thought it might had been too cool outside, even though I was down in the garage, so I applied a 2nd coat when it was almost 70 a couple weeks later. Finally I added another coat when it was closer to 80 some weeks later and it seemed to relive the look, which I have to say was lacking. I thought it would hold up AND look good at the same time but not in my experience of using it.

Since then I've tried the Pinnacle Black Label 850 paint coating and was blown away in both durability AND looks. I applied 2 coats last fall and even though we had a mild winter they did salt the hell out of the roads and when salty, a simple spray down at the quarter wash, along with RW or WW brought it right back to how it looked from day 1, perfect.

I'm glad you've gotten a good coat out of yours Silverfox!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051 LastLast