autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

I've never done this sort of wipe, I usually just rewash the car. I'm not saying it doesn't work because a lot of people do it but it's just how I do things.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I first applied DGNCC last October on my 2014 Maxima. I was happy with the finish of the car before I applied the coating, so I did not polish. I used the Squeaky Clean to prep the surface and coated the entire vehicle. It was very easy to apply. I did knock down the high spots, but I'm not even sure that's necessary. More on that later. I'm very happy with how it turned out. The car looks like glass. Almost out of boredom, I applied another coat in April. I really didn't notice much of difference in looks and I probably could have waited until the fall again for another coat.

Other thoughts...
    This might be crazy, but I really don't think there is a need to knock down the high spots. I have played around with the coating quite a bit. I left some high spots on the car (on purpose) after applying the 2nd coat in April. I wanted to see if they would get removed after a waterless wash. But after a few days (there may have been some rain) the high spots were gone. I have since applied to my wheels with the same results. I'm not recommending you purposely ignore high spots, but in my experience you can leave them and they will be gone in a few days. Has anyone else noticed this? Are those high spots just excess product that can't adhere to the paint, so eventually they just wash away?

Over the winter, someone in my parking lot at work must have place something (a purse?) on the hood of my car and drug it off. It left really fine scratches that I could only see if the lighting was right. After I put my 2nd coat in April, I noticed the scratches were gone. I'm not sure if it was the Squeaky Clean, applied via DA on black LC pad, that removed the scratches or they were filled with 2nd layer DGNCC. Either way it was a great bonus.

Cleaning is really easy. I have done 100% waterless washes since I coated the car. My car never gets super dirty, but it's a daily driver that is outdoors all day and night. Other than some super minor marring from the ww, the car looks great.

The coating plays really well with D156. I'd recommend it in the same way people use Reload as a "booster" over Cquarts. Of course it won't have the durability of Reload, but D156 is much less expensive and so easy to use.

So if anyone is looking to get into coatings, but are nervous about application, don't be. Get DGNCC. If you like that glassy look, you will love this. If you judge your LSP based on beading but want the base protection of a coating, top DGNCC with D156 and you will be very happy. If you just want the coating protection and great looks, no need to top.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review GSKI, lots of detailed info in there for sure and although I didn't leave high spots it makes sense that with DGNCC you can wash away high spots with the next wash.

I'm going to try another coating next spring and see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Great review GSKI, lots of detailed info in there for sure and although I didn't leave high spots it makes sense that with DGNCC you can wash away high spots with the next wash.

I'm going to try another coating next spring and see how it goes.

Thanks Klasse.

Also, thanks for starting this thread in the first place. It definitely helped me decide on using DGNCC and I'm very happy.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem and I applied this to my then new Fiat 500 Abarth. It was under 60 the first time I applied it, then I waited till it was in the mid 60's and the last coat was done in the upper 70's. I did use Squeaky Clean before the first coat and used my speedy prep towel to remove anything impure before hand. That said, not sure why the glass seemed to go away with me but that 3rd coat woke it back up.

For the money its worth checking out and by your revias I'm sure you've sold a couple more kits for DG.

Post Thanks / Like

So you guys are re-applying Squeaky Clean each time before you re-coat with DGNCC?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jowillie View Post
    So you guys are re-applying Squeaky Clean each time before you re-coat with DGNCC?
    I did when I applied my 2nd coat this spring. I don't believe that Klasse used SC prior to his additional coats.

It's a pure cleaner (no abrasives) so I think it's a good idea to use prior to layering if some time has passed since the previous coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jowillie View Post
    ...For example?
    DG's Squeaky Clean, or Eraser, or Gtechniq's Panel Wipe, or 12,5% IPA.
    After polishing, before coating, for better adhesion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPM_BR View Post
    DG's Squeaky Clean, or Eraser, or Gtechniq's Panel Wipe, or 12,5% IPA.
    After polishing, before coating, for better adhesion.
    Got it. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I decided i love this stuff. I bought a bottle of cquartz and hated the application the rough paint feel and haze. So i used squeaky clean and went over it with some DGE. It left a nice deep and my favorite glossy hue. I also figured out a different way to apply it. Just spray on the panel and wipe with a mf applicator. My only concern is I'm wiping the product off. The yellow applicator is not absorbent that obviously doesn't happen.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast