autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well not sure how much weight my comments carrys but I'd top DGNCC with DG #111 because it's a pure sealant, no cleaners. Using AW is always a winner too ��

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Klasse.

How long from the last DGCNC to when you would top with AW or DG #111.

Also, do you need to"polish" in the Squeaky Clean using a DA or is it wipe on, buff out product?

I'm planning on doing another car so and want to minimize the amount of elbow grease needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I would use AW as a part of monthly use but as a far as when to apply #111 after the initial coat of DGNCC, I'd say 6 minutes would be ok but it all depends of coarse upon weather & maintainence.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I used mine last year a couple of times and left the sprayer in it, went to use it tonight and it was clogged up, so it's got that going for it. Some mineral spirits and some work and I got it unclogged (as was suggested 40 pages ago or maybe in a different thread).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I used mine last year a couple of times and left the sprayer in it, went to use it tonight and it was clogged up, so it's got that going for it. Some mineral spirits and some work and I got it unclogged (as was suggested 40 pages ago or maybe in a different thread).
    How has the coating held up?
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

I would use AW as a part of monthly use but as a far as when to apply #111 after the initial coat of DGNCC, I'd say 6 minutes would be ok but it all depends of coarse upon weather & maintainence.

Where do you get 6 minutes from?
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    Where do you get 6 minutes from?
    I missed the proof reading lesson in school that day I guess. That or I typed MONTHES and MINUTES came up. As I typed MONTHES something else came up, LOL.

Sorry for the mistake thereThe OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

OK Klasse Act. I am late to this thread. So now that you have played around with the system, let's get down to your serious recommendations.
    I have a new black SUV coming and I want the finish protected right away. Theoretically the finish will be in its best shape.
    Tell us what you would do and the process of additional applications and when you recommend doing them.
    (Your list above in reply #412 is excellent, but let's start at the beginning by the numbers.) I have always loved the Duragloss shine, so protecting my investment and maintaining that shine is important to me. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jowillie View Post
    OK Klasse Act. I am late to this thread. So now that you have played around with the system, let's get down to your serious recommendations.
    I have a new black SUV coming and I want the finish protected right away. Theoretically the finish will be in its best shape.
    Tell us what you would do and the process of additional applications and when you recommend doing them.
    (Your list above in reply #412 is excellent, but let's start at the beginning by the numbers.) I have always loved the Duragloss shine, so protecting my investment and maintaining that shine is important to me. Thanks.
    Well to start off you need the following:

-good car wash
    -paint decontamination (clay or clay towel)
    -light polishing to make it perfect

Now it's possible the paint actually looks good enough to skip a light polishing but that's up to you. Now it's time for the coating. I'd start with the roof because of the learning curve, meaning you can't see up there unless your an NBA center, LOL. Speaking of the roof, I'd do 2 coats, even if that means you come back the next day to do it.

Temp is very important too, humidity isn't your friend one bit with a coating especially. I'd work it between 70 and 80 degrees, if it's warmer check the humidity. Work in smallish sections and work the product side to side and up and down. If any high spots appear take a clean mf towel and wipe it down, sometimes your applicator can do this as well.

After a month the use of AW is great to boost it up and can be used as a drying aid when using DG RW to wash your ride. I'd apply a coat of #111 every 3-6 MONTHES depending upon how it looks to you because thats what it reall6 comes down to. I'd clay or clay towel about 2x's a year.

All this said, the DGNCC needed a boosting after 2 MONTHES to keep me happy and I did this by applying another coat of the DGNCC. IMO the product lost its looks but maybe others can talk about their experience a year after its been out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Well to start off you need the following:

-good car wash
    -paint decontamination (clay or clay towel)
    -light polishing to make it perfect

Now it's possible the paint actually looks good enough to skip a light polishing but that's up to you. Now it's time for the coating. I'd start with the roof because of the learning curve, meaning you can't see up there unless your an NBA center, LOL. Speaking of the roof, I'd do 2 coats, even if that means you come back the next day to do it.

Temp is very important too, humidity isn't your friend one bit with a coating especially. I'd work it between 70 and 80 degrees, if it's warmer check the humidity. Work in smallish sections and work the product side to side and up and down. If any high spots appear take a clean mf towel and wipe it down, sometimes your applicator can do this as well.

After a month the use of AW is great to boost it up and can be used as a drying aid when using DG RW to wash your ride. I'd apply a coat of #111 every 3-6 MONTHES depending upon how it looks to you because thats what it reall6 comes down to. I'd clay or clay towel about 2x's a year.

All this said, the DGNCC needed a boosting after 2 MONTHES to keep me happy and I did this by applying another coat of the DGNCC. IMO the product lost its looks but maybe others can talk about their experience a year after its been out there.

I would humbly add an IPA of your preference after polish, so the coating adheres better to the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPM_BR View Post
    I would humbly add an IPA of your preference after polish, so the coating adheres better to the paint.
    ...For example?

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast