autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

Here's the current vehicle coated with DGNCC

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!-uploadfromtaptalk1414930982710-jpg  
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

...and here's the other

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!-uploadfromtaptalk1414931053429-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

I used DG Enviroshield on my 02 996 Turbo and the car looks great. It looks very wet. I bought the coating as I don't drive the car much but don't really have time to continually wax the car. I will probably buy some reload spray to use as a QD after washes.

My only complaint is that after the second coat I think the product left a few streaks. I'm not sure if this was due to the cold temperature as I applied it in 50-60 degree F weather. I have not wet the car since so don't know how it beads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ck996tt View Post
    I used DG Enviroshield on my 02 996 Turbo and the car looks great. It looks very wet. I bought the coating as I don't drive the car much but don't really have time to continually wax the car. I will probably buy some reload spray to use as a QD after washes.

My only complaint is that after the second coat I think the product left a few streaks. I'm not sure if this was due to the cold temperature as I applied it in 50-60 degree F weather. I have not wet the car since so don't know how it beads.
    I applied the DGNCC for the first time when it was 56 outside and I actually did the work in our underground parking garage, it did streak doing it when it was that cool out. The 2nd coat was applied when it was about 68, much better and after that it was in the 80's, the best! As you know it flashes fast, well when the temps are above 70 and any high spots can be buffed down with a swipe of a mf towel.

As far as maintence goes, well, you could buy a gallon of DG rinseless wash and make up some QD out of that. 8 oz into an empty gallon jug and then top off with water, there, your all set. Ofcoarse what's its mainly used for isn't half bad either

Post Thanks / Like

Ill try the rinseless wash qd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ck996tt View Post
    Ill try the rinseless wash qd.
    Its just smart to do this because you have 3 products in one:

-rinseless car wash- 1 oz of product and 2 gallons of water to wash your car ( a 2nd bucket is recommended, ofcoarse)

-quick detailer- 8 oz of product into a gallon jug and then top off w/ water

-clay lube- 5-7 oz of product into a gallon jug and top off w/ water. I say 5-7 oz because some people prefer a stronger amount of product to help it glide better. In my findings 6 oz is just fine.

While I'm at it I should also recommend DG's very own Aqua wax to further keep the paint surface looking awesome and protected. We all like to go overboard when keeping our rides looking their best, can't go wrong here!

Any pics of the 996 turbo?

Post Thanks / Like

The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

I bought this car used with 48k miles and got a great deal as mechanically she was just about perfect, but she had been neglected in terms of paint condition and much of the plastic trim had faded from sitting out in the sun. The interior was in good condition, but dirty. Having been into detailing for the last 12 years and a pro finding replacement parts on eBay, I wasn't too worried taking on the challenge. I started off using my 1z products which did a good initial job, but just didn't cut it " literally". The car looked good from a few feet away, but upon closer inspection needed deeper paint correction. In addition to all the black trim needing repainting as well as the calipers and some interior clean-up. I am about halfway through painting the black trim, but will soon be trying dlux to make my life a little easier so I don't have to remove all of the wheel wells. The details matter to me as I am trying to restore the car to like new. The paint has been corrected to 90-95% with menzerna 2500 and 4000. These products really brought the metallic color out in the sun. I could have gone a little further with sf1000 but didn't really have the time and didn't think it was entirely necessary to cut that much. The duragloss has been the icing on the cake I love it as a finishing product. I use to use Klasse on my boxster, but being busy with work and family, I just don't have the time to dedicate to a good Klasse application after two to three steps of polishing.

Out of curiosity can nano glass be mixed with water to make a QD like SG?

Here are some pictures after 1z

Here is how she looked driving home from Pittsburgh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, a "deep purple" 996, would love to see more pics, especially ones that really show that color because in some of the pics it looks black.

Glad you like the DGNCC

Post Thanks / Like

I would highly doubt you can mix a coating with water to make a QD. Big difference between the products.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Its called midnight blue, it is blue most of the time but has, purple, and black hues.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast