autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

Great write up! Sounds like a good coating for beginners.

What do you have on your taillights? Vinyl?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chase.Detailing View Post
    Great write up! Sounds like a good coating for beginners.

What do you have on your taillights? Vinyl?
    Yeah, I had translucent vinyl on there from the local graphics shop but after getting the racing stripes put on it had to go, too much going on back there IMO.

Thanks for the comments on the product and this far into the thread shows alot of info and how the product reacts to different users for sure. I'm going to end up trying this out going into winter as I will not be able to touch it with anything due to temps, this will be a greater test for the product for me.

I would like to thank everyone for the info added to this thread, all the emails and conversations, its much appreciated!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Duragloss: Customer Service the way it SHOULD be!

!!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE THE WAY IT SHOULD BE !!!!

Earlier in this thread I mentioned what seemed like a failure of the coating.

Then the response from Bill @ Duragloss. To date they are looking into replicating the situation in their testing, (perhaps one day we'll see).

In any event, after speaking with Bill @ Duragloss (one of the two original founding brothers) he said he would send me a "few bottles" of product that I might like to try.

Well low and behold, looked outside and found two FULL boxes of product last night!
    Here is a list of what all showed up.

Left to Right
    1 gallon 952 AquaWax
    1 gallon 902 shampoo
    1 gallon 923 Fast Clean & Shine

Left to Right
    221 Leather conditioner
    441 Leather Shampoo
    681 Plastic Lens polish
    671 Swirl Mark Remover (I think it's more of a glaze)
    105 Total Performance Polish
    931 Rinseless Wash with AquaWax

AND
    (Because y'all know how few microfiber towels I have.)

9001 Microfiber Wash Mitt
    9003 Microfiber Polishing Cloth (Both of these are similar to Zanio Borderless Blondes)
    9002 Microfiber Drying Towel

All in all, over $210 (@ Autogeek prices, $203 @ Duragloss).
    Their guarantee of course (on ALL their products) is for replacement of your original product and/or a full refund. I'd say this FAR EXCEEDS that situation by leaps and bounds!

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but nobody, I mean NOBODY else out there has customer service like this. Autogeek isn't bad, and better than most in fact. But when is the last time any of you have had an e-mail from Max? Better yet, spend over half an hour on a phone call from Max? (Because he was concerned with your satisfaction of a product no less.) Then to replace product at 4 times what you've spent! Uh... YEAH! (Oh, and they'll charge flat rate shipping of $5.)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Duragloss: Customer Service the way it SHOULD be!

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    !!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE THE WAY IT SHOULD BE !!!!

Earlier in this thread I mentioned what seemed like a failure of the coating.

Then the response from Bill @ Duragloss. To date they are looking into replicating the situation in their testing, (perhaps one day we'll see).

In any event, after speaking with Bill @ Duragloss (one of the two original founding brothers) he said he would send me a "few bottles" of product that I might like to try.

Well low and behold, looked outside and found two FULL boxes of product last night!
    Here is a list of what all showed up.

Left to Right
    1 gallon 952 AquaWax
    1 gallon 902 shampoo
    1 gallon 923 Fast Clean & Shine

Left to Right
    221 Leather conditioner
    441 Leather Shampoo
    681 Plastic Lens polish
    671 Swirl Mark Remover (I think it's more of a glaze)
    105 Total Performance Polish
    931 Rinseless Wash with AquaWax

AND
    (Because y'all know how few microfiber towels I have.)

9001 Microfiber Wash Mitt
    9003 Microfiber Polishing Cloth (Both of these are similar to Zanio Borderless Blondes)
    9002 Microfiber Drying Towel

All in all, over $210 (@ Autogeek prices, $203 @ Duragloss).
    Their guarantee of course (on ALL their products) is for replacement of your original product and/or a full refund. I'd say this FAR EXCEEDS that situation by leaps and bounds!

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but nobody, I mean NOBODY else out there has customer service like this. Autogeek isn't bad, and better than most in fact. But when is the last time any of you have had an e-mail from Max? Better yet, spend over half an hour on a phone call from Max? (Because he was concerned with your satisfaction of a product no less.) Then to replace product at 4 times what you've spent! Uh... YEAH! (Oh, and they'll charge flat rate shipping of $5.)

I must have a DG product that doesn't work to get in this action. I just can't find it. All kidding aside that is a great haul.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Damn!

Deja vu?

LOL!!!!!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    I must have a DG product that doesn't work to get in this action. I just can't find it. All kidding aside that is a great haul.

Dave
    Yep, a GREAT haul indeed David!

And I totally forgot to put in the aerosol spray detailer!

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post
    Damn!

Deja vu?

LOL!!!!!
    Deja vu?

Who?

Whatcha' sayin'.....

Ahhhh (that'd be) MEEEEEEEE.
    Last edited by cardaddy; 09-16-2014 at 08:18 PM. Reason: edit

Post Thanks / Like

Your right CarDaddy, Duragloss takes care of their customers, period! That's an impressive way to keep you happy, no doubt about it but besides them sending you "a couple items you might like to try" is the shipping rate they charge, why is it so hard for everyone else to do this? It would really increase sales if there was a flat rate and/or better rates for shipping but I'm sure it has something to do with the overhead companies have but come to think about it, ALL companies have that.

Did they ask for the old DGNCC back so they could test it?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm confused.

Are there 2 versions of DG-NCC out (an old and a new)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmsc View Post
    I guess I'm confused.

Are there 2 versions of DG-NCC out (an old and a new)?
    No but I can see where it might sound like that. There was an issue with results where it was leaving an "rainbow effect" and I thought maybe DG would like it back to test it out, could've been a bad batch. I was just curious if they (DG) wanted to test it, that's all.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey I totally agree, that is THE way to take care of your customer!

I mean, sure..... I could probably have talked with someone in customer service and gotten a replacement for the coating. But I filled out the "contact us" box on their site, told them the problem (not a long post like I typically put here) as well as linked this thread. Also included which post was mine with the description of the failure (or what may or may not be a failure) along with my contact information and left it at that.

The next day Dr. Bill Bailey called me!

Our conversation (like mine here) was quite varied, and lasted a good 45 minutes or so. He took the time out of his day to find out what my concerns were, what my process was, and we discussed what other variables could have come into play.

Keep in mind (and I told Bill this as well) that this happened (the first layer of coating) THREE DAYS after my back surgery in April and that I wasn't involved as I would normally be. More like I just supervised both the paint correction as well as the application. I did do the test spots on the hood so that CarMomma and CarDaughter could take over from there and duplicate the process on the roof, sides, back and bottom/rockers. Just watching them drove me crazy so when they took breaks I'd take one of the buffers and do another section of the hood.

So I KNOW the hood was (at least corrected) right.

When it came time to use the suede microfiber for the application I also did most of the hood, (at least what I could reach) and left it up to them to do the rest. Thing is, the problems I saw the other week WERE on the hood! (Remember CarDaughter came down the next weekend and put another coat on it.)

Bill said that they really don't suggest "layering", as we'd discussed several members here that have talked about doing just that. That you MIGHT get away with doing one coat, then another that same day.

In fact, you've all read where they (Duragloss) has been quoted as saying you can actually get the car wet/wash it just 3 hours later. I mentioned this as that was my daughters concern that after she went home that night and the next morning there was dew on the truck.

So yeah... perhaps Bill figured I really didn't want anymore of it. But what impressed me (when opening the boxes and seeing all the stuff he sent) was that you could tell he was both listening AND taking notes during our conversation on the various products that I use from Duragloss, as well as what I've not used.

Told him I use 901/902 and 951/952 all the time. ALL THE TIME! That I in fact keep two bottles of 951, one "virgin" and another that I add "Polycharger" to. We discussed QD spray, and he sent that as well. Rinseless wash, sent that too.

I told him about Tim/Dad07 and that we'd exchanged the coating package for microfibers. (Well honestly.... Tim just bought the coating packages and sent then to several of us. I couldn't help but send him back a packed box full of various microfiber towels.) And that led to us talking (albeit briefly) about how I'm constantly trying microfibers of one type or another.

THANKS AGAIN TIM!!!!

So when I opened the boxes and saw all three of the Duragloss premium microfiber products I knew that Bill had been taking notes.

BTW, those towels are pretty darned nice!
    CarMomma likes the because they are of the "split" design and don't drag on her hands.
    I used the polishing cloth today to do a QD wash on my G35 and it was totally lint free.

On the shipping though.....
    I have to admit that I've not ordered direct from DG, but Tim told me about the shipping cost. To say that their direct prices are just a bit less than you'll see them elsewhere is a pleasant surprise as well, but being whether you order $5.00 or $500.00 from them that all you have to pay for shipping is $5.00 is something that SOME PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE STOCK OF! (Remember when certain forums would offer "members" free shipping over $50, then $75, now even THAT doesn't exist? Hmmmmm...... ?????)

I know these days, now that I'm fairly stocked up on supplies that ordering enough to get "free shipping" just isn't something that I do. So rather than order products that would be on sale, on BOGO, grab impulse buys, try new stuff, get one of this, one of that.... I just do without.

Ends up I usually don't order at all, or find another way (with free shipping that doesn't require spending so much) or just buy retail.

Oh well.... there's always Duragloss.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast