autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The OFFICIAL Duragloss Enviroshild review thread, everyone!

Reflection of ceiling light on the hood

Front fender/hood

Trunk

Whole car (I know...I didn't do the wheel wells...next wash I'll get them)

All of these pics are in my garage with the door closed, so the metal flake doesn't pop. Hopefully this gives another idea of the glossy nature of Enviroshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Car looks really good, Armor All is good to use in the wheelwells, see, there is a use for it still, LOL!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I enjoy trying new products. It's claims alone will surely put it on my radar. I'm a coatings fan but in my experience with them you are incredibly lucky to get the application right the first time if you have no experience with coatings. If someone can take a person who has never used a coating and can truly apply it and walk away with excellent results, they won't be able too make it fast enough. Being a DG product I should know better than to doubt any claim they make but coatings are a different animal
    Case in point:
    My daughter (thanks to the grace of God) just started a new job at a downtown law firm. In such, she found herself in need of either spending some money on her 06 G6 GTP Coupe or just going ahead and buying a new vehicle. (The G6 had 110,000 miles on it and has started burning coolant the last year, having to add some every 2~3 months, along with adding more oil than one would think.)

So Saturday she buys a 2014 KIA Sportage, in (new for 2014) "Black Cherry". Quite an interesting color actually. It looks solid black till you are LITERALLY right up on it. Then it has a very VERY fine metallic structure with hints of tobacco/bronze-ish color to it.

I told her to tell the dealership NOT to wash it, just to bring it to the house.
    Sunday she comes over, complete with a MASSIVE dose of DISO's! That and unbelievable RIDS!!!!

Fast forward 10+ hours and *SHE* is applying the DG coating to her new truck. I do not use the foam applicator pads, never have, not even with PBL. I always use the suede 4"x4" microfiber wrapped around a sponge. (AKA Cquartz application method.)

Bottom line though; is that she had never installed a coating before. I did the first area on the hood, showing her how it'd "flash" and not to go too thick, just apply product to the cloth, not the panel, and keep doing overlapping strokes.

I stressed that she do smaller sections at a time, (maybe 24"x24") then go back with a GOOD microfiber and level any problems/high spots.

The application however is very easy, very straightforward, and it's easy to see the product 'flash'. Actually it seems to flash more visibly than PBL does, (which makes it easier to see any high spots). IMO the foam pads would play into using considerably more product, and the resulting application would not lay down as evenly as the suede microfiber method BUT..... given any reasonable care I would think that even a 'newbie' would be able to conquer it without any reservations.

FWIW, I have NO IDEA what use that microfiber that comes in the "kit" would be good for, other than glass. I know, there is NO WAY this side of God's Blue Heaven I'd put it on paint that I just spent 10~12 man hours (or more) polishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    In an unrelated topic the Squeaky Clean doesn't stick to the inside of the bottle when you shake it up, it just runs down the side and settles, I've never seen a product do this before.

I guess Squeaky Clean is just an extra measure to get the paint clean, even after wash/paint decontamination/polish. Because it came in the kit I used it and I'm glad I did, very easy to use, no issues applying/removing and NO dusting either!

That is an AMAZING thing going on in that bottle isn't it? I've never seen anything act like that! It's "plasti-phobic".

Lots of questions, informative but some questions were answered already, inparticular the one about cure time and AW.

2oz to do an average mid-sied car, that seems like a lot IMO. I have a very small car and the bottle seems pretty full after using the coating and I know I used more than I was supposed to.

I like the info on adding hardness and scratch resistance, GREAT question!

WOW... I can't imagine a situation where you'd use 2oz of the coating on ANYTHING, even a Ford Excursion! Even if you covered all the plastic, glass, you name it.

I'd bet that less coating was used on the Sportage than "squeaky clean" and the latter we used at best ľ ounce. (The bottle was cracked at the top when it arrived and had leaked a bit inside the clear zip pouch.)

I need to get a S&S thread up on it, but need some more photos. It was midnight Sunday when we finished and she had to get outta' here in a hurry. That new job at the law office on Peachtree Road doesn't care that she was up all night making her car shiny.

I *might* be able to put up a thread this weekend. When she comes down (to see her Daddy) I'll get her to shoot some shots with my camera. Seems I've got 4 hours of back surgery come zero dark thirty Thursday morning. Don't expect I'll be feeling like sitting and typing too much come Saturday. If I can though, I'll at least try to get a couple shots in this thread if nothing else. (We'll see.....)

Post Thanks / Like

Car looks really good, Armor All is good to use in the wheelwells, see, there is a use for it still, LOL!

Thank you for the kind words and for the tip on armor all for the wheel wells. I'll have to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boosteddub69 View Post
    Thank you for the kind words and for the tip on armor all for the wheel wells. I'll have to give it a try.
    With all the AA out there I found a use for it, that's it though, nothing else!

Can't wait to see the pics of the KIA all done up!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boosteddub69 View Post

Hopefully this gives another idea of the glossy nature of Enviroshield.
    Hey, the above pic shows your hood is really sharp. Have you wet sanded it down while prepping?

Very well made.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Hey, the above pic shows your hood is really sharp. Have you wet sanded it down while prepping?

Very well made.

Kind Regards.
    No wet sanding was done on the hood and thank you for the compliment.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not the best shot, (one she sent me via her iPhone) yet glossy it surely is!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good reviews I just ordered the kit. I hope the product works . I never used a sealer I'm getting tired of the carnuba wax routine. For me the wax only holds up for a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Duragloss Nanoglass Cermaic Coating on my daily driver this past weekend. I could not be more pleased.

Washed
    Clayed
    Polished to ensure removal of old sealant
    IPA wipe down (probably overkill since I used Squeaky Clean next)
    Applied and removed Duragloss Squeaky Clean
    Applied Duragloss Nanoglass Ceramic Coating.

I don't know if it was because of the temperature (52 degrees) or if I just applied it too thick, but I had to wipe down each panel to remove high spots. I applied it late afternoon with the sun going down so I didn't have good light. It was hard to tell if I was getting good coverage, so I guess I got a little heavy with it.

The car looks great and feels silky smooth. I haven't got any water on it yet, except for some morning dew. I'd really like to check the beading and sheeting abilities, but want to make sure it is fully cured.

How long should I wait before washing? I know some coatings say to wait seven days before using any soap.

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast