autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Black Label Update 2.5 months later

I corrected and coated my wife's car with Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating back on December 28th, 2013. This is a 2 1/2 month update of how the car is looking and how the PBL Diamond Surface Coating is performing today.

Here is an example of the beading the car exhibits before it was washed today, you can still clearly see nice looking beads even when the car has a layer of dirt on it.

Today was the second time I have used the PBL Diamond Coating Shampoo since the car was initially coated. I maintain the car with Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash Concentrate with Carnauba on a regular basis so the buckets don't get pulled out too often.

After the wash was complete I tested the sheeting capabilities of the coating.

PBL sheeting - YouTube

PBL window sheeting 2 - YouTube

PBL sheeting window - YouTube

The window still sheeted water very quickly and the hood did still sheet but not as quickly as the vertical window.

Overall the paint still looks very nice and glossy and it still beads and sheets water.

I plan to coat my other car soon as this coating appears to be working as it should and it is pleasing to look it. The vehicle does stay cleaner longer with the coating which is a big plus living in a very dusty area.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Update 2.5 months later

Awesome, thanks for the update.

Do you believe the pinnacle rinseless wash has any effect on the coating seeing as it contains some manner of LSP? I myself am a bit skeptical on whether or not there is truly a solid "just waxed" effect after using it, but there might be some sort of surface film on there left behind by the rinseless wash.

Just a thought, and not meant to knock your effort at all. I currently have a 64oz bottle of that exact product that I have yet to use due primarily to that concern

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I need to pay closer attention as I didn't even know there was a PBL rinseless wash, LOL! I guess a bit too much attention paid to the new car and waiting out this horrible winter!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I've had almost 6 months on my wife's Murano (Coating and Sealant) and it beads and shines great. A good product that does what it is supposed to do. That is why I did what you did and put it on my car.

This came 1st.

and it lead to this

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Very impressive product and results!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I guess I need to pay closer attention as I didn't even know there was a PBL rinseless wash, LOL! I guess a bit too much attention paid to the new car and waiting out this horrible winter!

There isn't a specific black label rinseless, the one I believe we are speaking of is this:

Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba, no rinse car wash, eco friendly car wash products

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

They don't make a rinseless wash at least that I'm aware of. I maintain with Pinnacle's waterless wash not in the PBL family.

Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash Concentrate with Carnauba, waterless car wash, eco friendly car wash products

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Centexhokie View Post
    I've had almost 6 months on my wife's Murano (Coating and Sealant) and it beads and shines great. A good product that does what it is supposed to do. That is why I did what you did and put it on my car.
    Cars look great! Did you get a pre-released sample? I thought PBL didn't come out until November last year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by valleyrider View Post
    Cars look great! Did you get a pre-released sample? I thought PBL didn't come out until November last year?
    Thanks. I ordered it the day it was available to purchase. I did the glass and wheels on both vehicles the first weekend and the wife's paint on thanksgiving. I thought I would do something else on my car, but I was so impressed with the performance that I decided to put it on my car. I just did my car last weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by valleyrider View Post
    I just counted. I guess it is just 4 months. Time flies this time of year for me. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast