autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt

Finding a good and cheap wash mitt is always a challenge, but read on to find out how this one performed.

Here is a picture of the packaging. I like that it comes in a plastic cover so you know it is clean when it arrives.

Here is the back:

On my hand:

Now here is AG's description:
    "Meguiar’s extra thick Microfiber Wash Mitt is the ultimate choice for show car perfect finishes. The clear coat safe Microfiber lifts and traps dirt and grime for a brilliant, swirl-free finish. The comfort-fit cuff and soft inner lining make this wash mitt a pleasure to use.

Meguiars Microfiber Wash Mitt is made of quality microfiber that is both absorbent and ultra soft. Used with a lubricating shampoo, there’s no safer way to wash your vehicle. Microfiber holds more suds than terry cloth to provide more lubrication of the paint finish.

The dense microfiber loops release dirt particles from the paint and trap them within the fluffy pile. Dirt is lifted away from the paint where it cannot mar or swirl the finish.

Meguiars Microfiber Wash Mitt has a comfortable elastic cuff to prevent the mitt from slipping off while in use. The mitt is double-sided for maximum convenience. Use either side of fluffy microfiber to gently wash your vehicle.

For the best results, use one of Meguiars lubricating car shampoos. Fill one bucket with soapy water and fill the other with clean water. Each time you need to reload the mitt with soap, first rinse it in clean water to remove any debris picked up from the car. Then reload the mitt with soap and continue washing.

Since microfiber is synthetic, your Meguiars Microfiber Wash Mitt will last through countless washes. Microfiber does not shed lint and it can be washed and reused many times. Wash the mitt with your other microfiber products in Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator in the washing machine. Avoid fabric softener and bleach. Tumble dry on low heat.

Give your vehicle a gentle hand-washing with Meguiar’s luxurious Microfiber Wash Mitt. The plush nap and silky fibers will clean your vehicle gently and protect the paint from swirls.

7.5 x 11.5 inches"

Here is Permanon Platinum 78 days after application and through a NJ winter plus multiple automated car washes (I can't help it if my parents want to take it to one).

So, back to the wash mitt. Here is my wash bucket:

As you can see, it picks up a lot of suds, but I have had other wash mitts/ pads hold more solution.

It can certainly lay down those suds very well too:

And all clean:

Pros:
    • Price
    • Machine washable
    • Holds sufficient amount of solution
    • Releases dirt well
    • Soft/ Plush

Neutral:
    • Size

Cons:
    • Cuff is too large

Unknown:
    • Durability

Price:$5.99

Overall, this is a product that I would recommend. After washing with DP Microfiber Wash, the mitt came out like new.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt

For a cheap wash mitt it sure works like a expensive wash mitt, I hope you will keep us posted on this product

Post Thanks / Like

I've got 3 of them but my only beef is they are too thin(not cushy enough) and tend to harden with age (lose softness)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for review.

I love this wash mitt, and have a very clean one I use to maintenance wash my customer's vehicles.

In Brazil, this is Luxury item, it goes for more than $30.

Luckily I got mine at AG with some other goodies!

I like to use it like a sponge (do not insert hand in it), it gives great cushion and still is gentle enough to 'glide over' soaped surface.

I use one side, turn to the clean side, then go for grit guard / rinse mitt to keep moving.

It's also good to use a white mitt because you always will know when it's time to rinse the mitt.

Again, thanks for review.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyTruckn View Post
    I've got 3 of them but my only beef is they are too thin(not cushy enough) and tend to harden with age (lose softness)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    For a cheap wash mitt it sure works like a expensive wash mitt, I hope you will keep us posted on this product
    I'll keep you guys updated, but I probably won't use it until May again because I go back to college in a week.

Post Thanks / Like

One more pro is that it does not get caught on badges or trim. I forgot to mention that.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a few of these as well. Wonder mitt for the price!

My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

too bad when I went to check out during the Daylight savings they didnt have it for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I love this mitt! I've been using these for years. I currently have 6 that I use when I wash my car. I still have my first and it feels like new. Just like anything microfiber, good care=long life. The nap releases dirt without much effort so they clean very easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWGLI View Post
    I love this mitt! I've been using these for years. I currently have 6 that I use when I wash my car. I still have my first and it feels like new. Just like anything microfiber, good care=long life. The nap releases dirt without much effort so they clean very easily.
    Six? Does that mean you use the Larry Deen car wash method?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast