autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick review of some products I purchased.

Throwing this out there hopefully it may help.

Lake country wash wedge, This one is a home run if its holds up, very soft foam and comfortable to use, it glides very easy on the paint ,it holds plenty of soap. I like the Yellow color it makes it easy to see any dirt etc. that could be in it. Let me say I am not a sponge fan but I would buy this again. Its my new wash tool.....

Lake country CCS red wax applicator, the way this is made it has a hard ring or edge, this one is a no go there are plenty of applicators available with out this ring, its hard and could scratch paint.

Wheel Woolies, They do work however for the money I prefer the Daytona brush. This is not a needed tool in the detailing tool box, nice to have sure it really depends on the wheel you are working on, but again they feel a little cheap and for the money, my money is on the Daytona brush.

Montana boars hair wheel brush, over priced needs way more bristles they cheap out on this one. This is my first and last Montana wheel brush.

Kwazar Mercury 1 liter spray bottle, nice double pumper spray bottle not cheap compare to other bottles, I wish they were clear but they do have a clear strip, very stable due to its base when you sit it down it should not tip over, I will purchase more.

Wolfgang tire gel, Meh! if it lasts it would be ok, its pricy and there are other choices that are cheaper and I'm sure just as good. This stuff is very watery and I found, not hard by any means to apply, but not as easy as others I have used. But it does have a fancy label.

Cobra Guzzler waffle weave drying towel, I like them a lot I prefer waffle weave, I bought a few of Chemical Guys fatty orange they fell more like a bath towel than a towel for drying a vehicle, I have the 20x 40 size they seem to be a good size to handle. I would purchased again.

Thanks for reading, like to hear what you guys think... Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quick review of some products I purchased.-autogeek-002-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick review of some products I purchased.

Nice reviews. Looks like a good arsenal either way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review.

The lake country wedge looks promising. I would imagine if the lake country wedge and the microfiber madness incredisponge had a baby. That would be a great combination.

My best drying towel is Chemical Guys Woolly Mammoth. IMO it won over the MicroFiber Madness Dry Me Crazy again IMO.

I have been wanting to try the Cobra Guzzler to compare the Woolly Mammoth vs the Guzzler. I will probably be picking it from AG soon.

I agree with the Wheel Woolies, about what you said. They work nice but I only use 2 of the 3 for my wheels. I use the Mothers wheel and tire brushes too. The Carrand lug nut brush IMO is the most versatile. Since it has the 3 pieces that are bendable I can fit them in really tight spaces or brush entire areas.

I guess it's like a mechanics tool box. There are different tools for different jobs even for Detailing.

Again, thanks for the review

Art

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tpr1634 View Post
    Throwing this out there hopefully it may help.

Lake country wash wedge, This one is a home run if its holds up, very soft foam and comfortable to use, it glides very easy on the paint ,it holds plenty of soap. I like the Yellow color it makes it easy to see any dirt etc. that could be in it. Let me say I am not a sponge fan but I would buy this again. Its my new wash tool.....

Lake country CCS red wax applicator, the way this is made it has a hard ring or edge, this one is a no go there are plenty of applicators available with out this ring, its hard and could scratch paint.

Wheel Woolies, They do work however for the money I prefer the Daytona brush. This is not a needed tool in the detailing tool box, nice to have sure it really depends on the wheel you are working on, but again they feel a little cheap and for the money, my money is on the Daytona brush.

Montana boars hair wheel brush, over priced needs way more bristles they cheap out on this one. This is my first and last Montana wheel brush.

Kwazar Mercury 1 liter spray bottle, nice double pumper spray bottle not cheap compare to other bottles, I wish they were clear but they do have a clear strip, very stable due to its base when you sit it down it should not tip over, I will purchase more.

Wolfgang tire gel, Meh! if it lasts it would be ok, its pricy and there are other choices that are cheaper and I'm sure just as good. This stuff is very watery and I found, not hard by any means to apply, but not as easy as others I have used. But it does have a fancy label.

Cobra Guzzler waffle weave drying towel, I like them a lot I prefer waffle weave, I bought a few of Chemical Guys fatty orange they fell more like a bath towel than a towel for drying a vehicle, I have the 20x 40 size they seem to be a good size to handle. I would purchased again.

Thanks for reading, like to hear what you guys think... Tim
    Update for wolfgang tire gel, after a couple of days I warmed up to it, with the sale on wolfgang products I purchased a gallon of it. It held up pretty decent with the recent rain, if I can get a couple of weeks between application I will be please. Also can't say enough about the lake country wash wedge, also purchased another one it's a winner.

Post Thanks / Like

The woolies vs Daytona is a hard choice. I reach for the Daytona because one side can usually handle everything but do think the woolies can clean better with less splatter. The woolies could benefit from a contoured handle too.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

The wash wedge is a waste. I prefer the $2 wash mitts at Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theparmachine View Post
    The wash wedge is a waste. I prefer the $2 wash mitts at Walmart.
    So far you are the first person not to like it, I don't expect everybody to like it, however I'm sure its better than a 2 dollar was mitt.

Post Thanks / Like

It certainly is not 6x's better that the 2 dollar wash mitts'

Post Thanks / Like

Theparmachine
    You want to sell or donate the wash wedge? I'm looking to try one
    :-)

Post Thanks / Like

The wheel woolies are a must for high end painted wheel. I have both and only use wheel woolies on high end wheels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast