autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Metro Blaster Sidekick

Hello everyone,

I just got a Metro Blaster Sidekick from AG during the 12 days of Xmas sale. I was hesitant on getting one of these at first because it looks so small and didn't think it would be worth the investment.

Boy was I wrong...

It came in a small box and I could immediately tell this thing was no joke. It has a very sturdy build and feels like it will last a long time. It was ready to go right out of the box. It has a small (12 inches) cord; I'm assuming this has to do with the water on the ground.. The box includes two attachments for the Sidekick blaster to suit your particular job.

Manufacturer Claims (from AG): "The Metro Blaster SideKick is an compact, handheld dryer for motorcycle and car owners because it removes water from places where towels cannot reach. When the vehicle or motorcycle is driven, these water droplets stream down the body panels and leave streaks and spots. The Blaster SideKick eliminates the water in crevices and on body panels before it has time to dry, in order to prevent ugly water spots.

Imagine drying your vehicle in just a few minutes without touching it. The Blaster SideKick allows you to dry the vehicle or bike with a large volume of warm, filtered air, which eliminates any direct contact with the paint. The SideKick is a safe and efficient way to dry any vehicle."

I would agree mostly with the product claims. When I first started using this I was very impressed. But I could not see myself doing an entire car with this thing.. That being said, this is the first time I have ever washed my car that I didn't have to go back a half hour later and get some water spots off. The mirrors, trunk, handles everything was bone dry after using this. It works wonders on these hard to reach areas. After using I don't know how or why I ever dried a car differently. This is a must have tool!

I got this for $68 shipped during the 12 days of Xmas. It is selling at AG currently for $80. This, IMHO, is one of the best $80 purchases one can make. If this thing lasts as long as it looks like it will, it will be a wonderful investment.

This is very easy to use. No instructions needed. Simply plug in to an appropriate power cord and turn it on. You will be impressed right away!

I was making this video on the fly and had the Sidekick in one hand while filming with the other. Anyways, here is a little demo on the wheels. This thing is such a time saver and you have to love limiting the touches on your car while drying.

Check out this video! Metro Blaster Sidekick on wheels

Oh yeah, wasnt expecting to do a review on this so I didnt have too many pictures or thought put into it but thought that others would appreciate this review. This is something that I was on the fence about for quite some time, and now that I pulled the trigger, I couldn't be happier. Just thought I would offer that out to everyone else who might be considering this great tool!

This was my first review, what do you think?

Metro Blaster Sidekick

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Metro Blaster Sidekick

I have had mine for over two years now and it stills works like the day I got it. I used to use the mini leaf blowers that you get off eBay and amazon, but they always broke within 6 months or so. The sidekick puts out such a huge volume of air for it's size and it warms the air a lil as well. Really should be a staple in every detailer's arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like

I will say the same thing. I got it when on sale and as well one of the must have and need tool. Its easy to use and powerful. Definitely recommend it to everyone who doesn't have it!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I pulled the trigger on the sidekick during the 12 days of xmas sale too. Its supposed to arrive tomorrow afternoon and the anticipation is killing me!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like my sidekick as well. I picked it up when I wash in the garage during the winter instead of trying to move around the master blaster in tight quarters. It doesnt dry the entire car like the master blaster but works to get in the nooks and crannies.

Mike Phillips

If I made a list of my top ten favorite tools the Metro-Vacuum Blaster Sidekick would be on the list.

It has a LOT of power, it's lightweight, compact in size and most of all.... IT'S HAND HELD!

The air is also filtered and while the air is not purposefully heated by the time it goes through the tool it tends to come out as warm air. These are all cool benefits.

Just by coincidence, I was using this tool yesterday to blow water out of all the cracks, crevices, trim and emblems like the Audi rings on the grill of a 2014 Q5

When using this tool, get a small Guzzler like you see in my hand and hold it in front of the path of blown air and by doing this you'll capture all the water being blown out of the cracks and crevices.

If you don't capture it then you'll end up chasing it all over the place. It's faster to capture the water being blasted off the car the to chase it all over the place.

Also note the hand held aspect and lightweight compact size.

I agree, this is a must-have tool.

I always show this in my Detailing Boot Camp Classes and for most people, once they see how much power it has and how great it works they never want to be without one.

You'll see this tool showcased on a 1955 Bel Air on My Classic Car in 2014 blowing water out of the trim, hood ornament and Bel Air script on the fender.

Final List of Cars for the 2014 Season of My Classic Car

Post Thanks / Like

Good review, thanks! I can see this would be a good tool to have for the grates by the windshield wipers on the truck, as well as the mirrors and wheels, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been meaning to pick one of these up! Thanks for the review!

Retired Professional Detailer