autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Schnieder Double Mist Sprayer

Sorry no pics as I am just killing time right now.....

I picked up one of these sprayers from Mills Fleet Farm (midwest company). I was just walking through an aisle and noticed the distinctive spray head on the shelf.

Looks to be a Kwazar substitute. I say subtitute because I do not own a Kwazar to compare it to, so I can't say that it is an equal. My only gripe with Kwazar is the cost. I just can't justify a $15 spray bottle. But at $8.50 for the liter size, this one was worth a try. You can find this online, sorry no link do to forum rules. It is made in Poland, like the kwazar. The bottle is the same tip-resistant style as a kwazar. Same harder HDPE bottle material as kwazar.

I normally use a gray chemical resistant type sprayer, made in taiwan, I'm sure you know which one. So far I have found myself using about the same amount of product, but I expect that to diminish as I get more accustomed to this type of sprayer. One thing I notice is that pulling the trigger is more effort than my normal sprayers; likely because it has a much stronger spring required for the second spray. The mist is super fine without even 'tuning' it to the products I'm trying. So far I've tried UWW+, a few APCs and folex, all work well so far. Maybe it's the shape of the sprayer, but I find myself having to adjust how I normally spray my cars; the first time I tried it on my hood, I found that I missed the front 6" of the hood.

After doing some searching I'm finding that most sprayers are between 1.6-2.5 cc per pull. The double mist is 1.2 cc per dual actual pull. Right off the bat you are using less product, and the super fine mist allows for better coverage with less product.

I can't see myself using one of these for EVERY product. For things where I'm applying a lot of product, I normally use a garden sprayer and I won't be giving that up for APC, or degreasers. I don't think it will be able to produce a fine mist with gel type products, so those will probably stay in normal sprayers. If I want a lot of foam, I'll continue using a foaming spray head. But for things where I want to have great coverage and use less product (like fabric cleaner, Iron-x or $100/5 liter wheel cleaners), this is the way to go.

I said at the start that I can't justify the cost of a $15 spray bottle. I think once I get used to it, I will be using about 40% less product than I was before. For people who do this for a living and product overhead costs matters (like that $100/5 liter wheel cleaner), you would have a hard time not justifying the cost of these.

Is it the best sprayer ever? No, like everything else, it's a tool that needs the right application. But when used for the right stuff, it provides superior results, can save money on product and can save time on product application. I don't know how chemical resistant these things are; from what I've read, the seals are viton (just like kwazar) or vinyl with no o-ring depending on which site you are reading from.

I will hopefully have time to take a couple photos to update this in the near future.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Schnieder Double Mist Sprayer

Is the bottle orange? I picked up one of those from the same place after reading about it here.

From what I gather during my research on the internet, there is also a white bottle that has the viton seals. The orange one is not chemical resistant.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

New Kwazar 360 is now available that that sprays in any position 360 degrees!

I messaged AGO about carrying them. They are looking into it.

Post Thanks / Like

What country of orgin was the spray bottle made? It should say on the barcode sticker on the bottom of the bottle. Kwazar is made in Poland according to my Kwazar spray bottle. The Schneider spray bottle looks very similar to the Kwazar.

If it's the same design/manufacturer, why pay double the price for Viton seals? Most products I use are PH safe, so a regular seal would work just fine.

Same design/manufacture also brings up another point of contention. Autogeek advertises "twice the output per pump". If it's in fact true it only outputs 1.2 cc per pump compared to the industry standard of between 1.6-2.5 cc, then their claims are false and actually the complete opposite.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoususer View Post
    What country of orgin was the spray bottle made?
    In his review he says it's made in Poland.

The orange one I got from the same store is also made there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Muffin View Post
    In his review he says it's made in Poland.

The orange one I got from the same store is also made there.
    Missed that. Then it's most likely the same and not a knock off.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhAGBJRoLlE]Mercury Pro+ 300 Spray Bottle by Kwazar - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoususer View Post

Same design/manufacture also brings up another point of contention. Autogeek advertises "twice the output per pump". If it's in fact true it only outputs 1.2 cc per pump compared to the industry standard of between 1.6-2.5 cc, then their claims are false and actually the complete opposite.
    I did a little test today. My gray trigger sprayers put out 1.0 cc per pump. The Schneider double mist puts out 1.2 cc per pump (that's 0.6 cc for each direction the trigger moves). The griot garage sprayer (very similar to spray master) puts out 2.5 cc per pump. The black sprayers commonly found on mother's products is 1.5 cc. The black sprayer on my blackfire pad cleaner bottle is also 1.5 cc.

I can't say the kwazar is the same output as a Schneider, perhaps someone could check? I just did 10 pulls of the trigger in a small graduated medicine cup with the sprayer set to stream.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/