autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Black Label Diamond Paint Coating

Outstanding results !

other than lesser durability, will the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant produce similar results of Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating ? During winter time I use the Wolfgang Paint Sealant but I find the shine to be average. I'm assuming that the Black Label Sealant would offer better shine ?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike, I believe many of us will like to see the comparison between the Detailer's Pro Paint Coating with this Black Label Diamond Paint Coating.

I bought a DP Coating personally and found that application of this coating is tough without a led light source.

Looking at this Diamond Coating, the packaging is exactly same as DP Coating as well as the method to apply. Curiously it makes me wondering whether both the chemicals in the coating are the same or even I am thinking if both are the same products but just repack.

Hope you can enlighten us on this, TQVM!

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you took the time to write this Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up and great results! Just ordered it with the new sale code!!
    John
    Mean people suck

Post Thanks / Like
    New sales code???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Esponte View Post
    New sales code???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...e-missing.html
    John
    Mean people suck

Mike Phillips

Mike,

The Porsche looks phenomenal!

A couple of quick questions.

1) What did you use for a polish to remove the swirls in the car's paint? I know you need to start with the Surface Cleansing Polish to prep the paint before any of the coatings are used.
    Hi Sue,

In the first post of this thread, I started it with a link to the actual write-up for the work I did to the Porsche, this link,

Lady in Red - 1986 Porsche - 4-Step Process

In the write up I listed the products I used and they were Wolfgang Uber Compound and Wolfgang Finishing Glaze.

2) In your write-up you said you used the Black Label Diamond Paint Coating, Black Label Diamond Glass Coating, and Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating but Pinnacle also sells a Black Label Diamond Surface Coating. Are the three dedicated mixtures better suited for their intended uses
    Yes. Dedicated products tend to be better for dedicated surfaces and procedures.

or is the bigger bottle of the Surface Coating sufficient? I'm assuming I don't need all 4.

Thanks,
    -Eric
    Think of this as an all-in-one...

I used this on my wife's MB here, works great.

Review: Black Label Diamond Surface Coating

Quote Originally Posted by LightngSVT View Post

If you were to use the Diamond Paint Coating on a vehicle that will be daily driven through salt, snow and rain How would you expect it to last given proper prep?
    Good question. Longevity of the product to stick to the surface is stated to be up to 3 years.

How long all the dimensions of any coating will last will be affected by all types of variables. People are different, for example I don't value a long lasting coating as much as some because I'm always going to be "maintaining" my car's finish. I'm not going to apply something, make a mark on my calender and then 3 years later re-apply the product.

Also if said vehicle was subjected to drive through car washes all winter long (no hand washing here when its below freezing on a warm day!) you would still expect to see car wash swirls by spring time right?
    Are you talking about a touchless automatic car wash or a whirling brush style car wash or the kind with the mops that sway back and forth and spin in circles?

Here's the deal, how long ANY coating, wax or sealant will last on a surface depends on how the surface is "touched" and what it's touched with. The more aggressive the touching and the more aggressive the material doing the touching the less time anything will last on a surface.

Can you buff like normal and then reapply the coating?
    I'm guessing a medium cut polish for sure would remove any coating so you could re-apply.

What are the benefits to the wheel and glass coating? These new synthetic coatings are a new concept to me, thanks.

The benefits are coatings last longer on surfaces than waxes and sealants so the protection is present longer.

Good questions...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by lexterminator View Post

Outstanding results !

other than lesser durability, will the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant produce similar results of Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating ?

I don't know without doing a controlled side-by-side test on the same paint. Good question though. My guess is the coating will create a more glassy look.

During winter time I use the Wolfgang Paint Sealant but I find the shine to be average.
    Well the results you describe for the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant are the exception to the norm as compared to the majority of opinions posted about the results from this product since it was introduced.

Are these results you see on just one car you use it on or all cars you use it on?

Quote Originally Posted by titanlok View Post

Hi Mike, I believe many of us will like to see the comparison between the Detailer's Pro Paint Coating with this Black Label Diamond Paint Coating.
    Great idea. I'm busy at SEMA for the rest of the week but maybe can get to after we return.

I bought a DP Coating personally and found that application of this coating is tough without a led light source.
    Hmm.... I find it the easiest coating I've ever applied. I have people at my classes that have never used coating in their life apply it with no problems.

Maybe start a dedicated thread and describe your process and includes some pictures of the car or cars you're working on?

Looking at this Diamond Coating, the packaging is exactly same as DP Coating as well as the method to apply.

Curiously it makes me wondering whether both the chemicals in the coating are the same or even I am thinking if both are the same products but just repack.

Hope you can enlighten us on this, TQVM!
    The formulas are different.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i have used a couple of paint coatings opti2 and dp and the area i think could be improved on is the slickness over time it seems like every coating needs another product to top it off in order to get the surface to stay slippery i was wondering if the new paint coating from pinnacle will need a topper to keep it slick over time

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I'm confused just received my order of black label surface cleansing, diamond paint sealant, and the paint coating. In which order do I use them. I do know cleansing is first.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast