autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

(DUP) Review for Hobbyists: Chemical Guys Hybrid V07 (Application & First Impressions)

*I had to repost this review, since I couldn't edit my original post - if a mod could delete the orig, that would be great*

I’ll start by saying this is my first formal review on AG, so please excuse any points I overlook. I’ll be titling my reviews as “…for Hobbyists” because I’m not a pro—just a guy who enjoys using auto detailing products and making his car(s) look nice.

CG Hybrid V07 is a product I avoided ordering for a while because I already had a great quick detailer (Mothers Showtime) and didn’t need another. After the wife got a job, I was able to get a DA earlier this month and put in an order for pads/pad cleaner/MF towels and I threw in V07 for kicks. Along with my wife’s new job she got a new vehicle; a 2009 Honda Pilot EX-L. She had a company car with her old job, but when the job went bye-bye so did the car. We purchased from CarMax and it’s my current multi-week project (I’ll be detailing later on in a Show-n-Shine). I’ll be polishing/prepping for winter over the next month and I’m using V07 as a little protection between weekend work opps. Perfect test vehicle, now on to the review!

Size: 16 oz.
    Application Form: Spray
    Color: Orange (opaque)
    Smell: Orange Creamsicle?
    Consistency: Watery

Steps before V07:
    Pre-Soak & 2BM Wash using Dawn Ultra
    Clay with Mothers Clay/Nanoskin AutoScrub Speedy Prep Sponge & DP Rinseless W&G

The vast majority of Chemical Guys products smell good, but this one smells freakin’ delicious. Like, “tempted to taste” good. I avoided this, but it’s amazing how using a good-smelling product can increase the enjoyment of applying it. Moving on…

I used AG’s Gold Plush Jr’s for application/buff and they work great; a great all-around towel! I applied the product using a sweeping motion; as it comes out pretty watery but goes on very easily.

Applying to the vehicle was quick and easy. I used about 1/5 of the bottle on the entire SUV. In comparison with Mothers, this goes on a little easier but it’s meant to be a quick detailer as well so that makes sense.

Conclusion: I like Hybrid V07. I didn’t do a bead test yet, which I should have—I may update this post a little later. It’s been on the car for about a week at this point and I’ve had to clear a couple bird bombs off the hood (using DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss in QD dilution)—removal was pretty easy. Not sure if this will be a permanent final wipe product (I like testing multiple products), but I enjoy using it and would easily recommend to others!

Super Member Corey@OptimalDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: (DUP) Review for Hobbyists: Chemical Guys Hybrid V07 (Application & First Impressions)

I really enjoy using my V07 as well. Just for future reference, a little goes a long way. I understand the Pilot is a large vehicle, but you could have reduced your use down to 1/2, possibly even 1/4 of what you did use. I typically will do 2 light mists (minus hood and roof) on my towel per panel, and it cleans/protects very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: (DUP) Review for Hobbyists: Chemical Guys Hybrid V07 (Application & First Impressions)

Thanks, I was pretty liberal in my use; I will definitely be more sparing next time!

Super Member Corey@OptimalDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

:thumbsup

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! thanks for taking the time to put this together V7 is certainly a great product

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zexel View Post
    :thumbsup

Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    Great review! thanks for taking the time to put this together V7 is certainly a great product
    Thanks, I really like it!

Post Thanks / Like

I love V7...plus it smells so good..
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing