autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tuff Tire Shine Review

I've been using Tuff Tire Shine for some time now and it is an absolute amazing product. I originally tested this about a year or so ago on my daily driver. It lasted me about 3-4 months with only one application, but never documented it. My daily was driven 350+ miles a week, sat outside 24/7, never saw a hand wash by myself, and only went through automatic car washes about twice a month on average. No reapplication was present throughout the 3-4 months. At the end you could definitely tell the tires had product still left on them, but obviously there was no high shine left. Honestly it might have even lasted longer, but the car was involved in an accident so it sat at the body shop for a few weeks, collected dirt and dust, and when they delivered it it had been detailed with new tire dressing applied. After that the car switched ownership over to my dad so I never tracked the tires after that.

Fast forward to now, I got some new rims for my new daily driver and it came with almost new tires that only had 100 miles on them. The pictures that follow are almost the same conditions. Car sits outside 24/7, driven 350+, no auto car washes but for most of the two months it saw only high pressure washer water. I used the tuff tire brush with just soap and water twice on the tires. No reapplication since the original application and only one coat iirc are on these tires. I tried taking pictures at different angles to give you an idea of what they look like now. This specific tire has seen the worst damage because when I parallel park I sometimes rub the curb with this tire slightly. I might have rubbed twice, but you can see what they look like after my recent wash. Remember this is all on the initial coating I put on about two months ago. Feel free to ask any questions

Detailing- my stress reliever

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tuff Tire Shine Review

Techno Violet is such a good color.

Post Thanks / Like

can you apply a fresh coat and take pictures...the current pictures arn't glossy enough, looks matte

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ArkayoDeetayo View Post
    can you apply a fresh coat and take pictures...the current pictures arn't glossy enough, looks matte
    That defeats the purpose. The point here is that you will have tires that look maintained for a long period of time, but like I said they will lose shine over time. Under my conditions I think it's pretty impressive what one coat has gone through and how well it has held up. I don't think you'll find another tire dressing that can last this long. If you want more shine I would simply reapply when desired which will only add more protection to the base coating

Post Thanks / Like

I think they still look good. Very nice job on the wheels and tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quite impressive. I think this is a great product to offer clients on daily drivers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artofdetailing View Post
    Quite impressive. I think this is a great product to offer clients on daily drivers.
    Exactly my thoughts on this product. I personally only use it on my daily driver and my "garage queen" still gets experimental coats of whatever is up on the table. Eliminating one step from washing the daily driver helps out a lot. I like to keep it as basic of a wash as possible hahaah thanks for all the other compliments gents

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive!! i have my kit for a few months just waiting

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE

So it has been a total of 4 months since initial application. Since my posting I might have been able to scrub the tires once with soap and water so no real cleaning and there's been a mix of rain that the tires have seen along with the normal 24/7 outside conditions and 350+ miles per week. I used a waterless on the tires before taking these pics so if they don't look amazing maybe it's because they haven't been fully cleaned off. Regardless you can definitely tell the tires have dressing on them. At this point I would personally put on another coat for protection and looks, but I will actually keep going. Look out for another update of tire pics when I detail the car and the tires will get a nice scrubbing with soap/water.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast