autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Head-to-Head cage match - Klasse SG vs. Collinite 845

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRaizer View Post
    If you like 845, you'll love Blackfire Wet Diamond. Apply a coat of Collinite 845, dry, buff, then apply BFWD. For those that don't want to use a coating like OptiCoat, 845/BFWD is the best protection available IMO.
    I know 845 is a wax hybrid, but isn't this process backwards? I would have thought you'd put down the BFWD first and follow up with a coat of 845 if I was to do some layering?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I know 845 is a wax hybrid, but isn't this process backwards? I would have thought you'd put down the BFWD first and follow up with a coat of 845 if I was to do some layering?
    As far as I am aware you are correct don't know what the thought process for doing it the other way would be.. The sealant wouldn't bond to the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone new to reading this post please notice that so many people love 845. It's for a damn good reason. 845 is the absolute truth in protection. Don't even bother to second guess it.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rouxster View Post
    This weekend I put 2 coats of KSG on my 2011 Silver Silverado. I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed. It is unbelievably shiny. When I get my GG 6 back from Griots this week, I plan on topping it with a coat Collinite this weekend - just to try and get a little more pop out of the pant. I haven't used Collinite yet, but I have to say that the KSG is very easy to apply. I did my hood and two front quarter panels in probably 10-15 minutes. I bought the Pinnacle Polishing Pal (makes hand polishing so much more comfortable and quick) and used KlasseAct's method using a spray bottle of KSG and a damp pad.
    Today, I finally got to put Collinite on top of the KSG I put on last week. I am thoroughly impressed. I have a silver truck and I think it's about as shiny as I can possibly get silver. Now, the question is to see how long it lasts on top of KSG. I figure I will get about 6 months out of it (I hope at least that long) and I don't mind doing this every 6 months. I figure any more is a bonus.
    Ryan

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just took some time to do my 2013 Graphite Luster TL last weekend with DG601/105 followed by Collinite 845 and I am very pleased with the end result. This weekend I am detailing my wives 2009 Silver TL and am going with Klasse twins just as Klasse Act describes, two coats of the HGSG topped with 845 for my own head to head results.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're topping both cars with the 845, there won't be much to compare since the 845 lasts so long.

From what I've experienced, the 845 seems to bond well to any surface regardless of what was used before it, so you should get great durability on both vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both in the past as well as 476, 476 will get you through the longest winter, 6 months with ease but a little harder to work with and the wax film will stay around for a while also. it is super tough! will try the KSG on my non matte gloss vinyl strips in the future and use either 476 or 845 on the rest of the car. you can't really go wrong with either of these for a winter wax. have used each at least one winter as the primary wax and all performed well.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually waxed my bathtub with 845! It made cleaning it such a breeze! I am seriously considering waxing the entire shower now!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I actually waxed my bathtub with 845! It made cleaning it such a breeze! I am seriously considering waxing the entire shower now!
    Your tub!? I really hope you have a mat or traction strips on the bottom. When I use 845 on my car, MF towels slide right off. I can't imagine how slick a wet tub would become!

Putting in on a shower is a good idea. Hmmm...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just completely ignored work for the last 20 minutes while I read this thread. Good job!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast