autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Polymer Net Shield

Well any hydrophobic properties it exhibits are mostly from the pns but for me it was much easier to apply than carpros reload which was meant to top CQUK. It's suppose to rain tomorrow so we can see the results but as of now it looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, please keep this updated. I never knew it was originally designed for coated vehicles, I had just seen videos of some insane water sheeting behavior and great longevity, and I purchased some on Friday to try with the wife's car that lives outdoors.

Now that I read it was engineered for coatings, my interest is piqued for my vehicle as well.

I'll be interested in your perception of the water behavior of the PNS vs. the CQUK you're already familiar with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post
    Awesome, please keep this updated. I never knew it was originally designed for coated vehicles, I had just seen videos of some insane water sheeting behavior and great longevity, and I purchased some on Friday to try with the wife's car that lives outdoors.

Now that I read it was engineered for coatings, my interest is piqued for my vehicle as well.

I'll be interested in your perception of the water behavior of the PNS vs. the CQUK you're already familiar with.

The CQUK was insane with water beading I had two coats on previously before I polished it down to remove some high spots from my original application. As far as self cleaning ability I found it to be decent but still left some salt and dirt from a snow storm after spraying it down with just a power washer. I'm hoping the pns is a little better in the self cleaning department but I expect crazy hydrophobic properties as I have seen in the videos

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing beats PNS for self cleaning, including any of the coatings I've tried. Its truly amazing.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Nothing beats PNS for self cleaning, including any of the coatings I've tried. Its truly amazing.

I saw that today! It's been raining for a few hours here in PA and I had some chunks of mud on my lower panels behind the rear wheels from driving on the grass for work on Monday and now they are almost completely gone! That's amazing

Post Thanks / Like

I used PNS about 3-4 weeks ago on my wife's pearl-white Acura. I definitely notice that the car does not get dirty as quickly as it used to and with a heavy rain it practically cleans itself.

The beading is just about on-par with Collinite 845 which is saying something!

I am very pleased with it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    The beading is just about on-par with Collinite 845 which is saying something!
    Last Friday I applied a fresh coat of PNS to my car (not that it really needed it). After a recent rain storm I thought exactly the same thing...looks like Collinite beads!

PNS does keep the car noticeably cleaner. I also applied it to my father's car and he said the same thing. It's not exactly a joy to use, but PNS does offer benefit's over traditional sealants. Though my bottle of PNS still has a coat-or-so left in it, I took advantage of the Black Friday sales and purchased a new bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

How does PNS do in the protection department--bird bombs, bugs etc???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    How does PNS do in the protection department--bird bombs, bugs etc???
    Much better against bird bombs than a traditional sealant, IMO. That said, all bird bombs are not created equal, so protection may vary.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Sonax Polymer Net Shield

I think it depends on what someones need from a sealant/topping. If someone wants looks and easy application PNS and BSD are not the best. If someone wants protection for a long time is a good option. But, for someone (like me ) who washes and cleans his car really often (like most of us in a car's detailing forum) I think is not the main issue. I wash and wax/seal the car every 10 days max so I care for easy application and looks and that's why I don't use mine PNS and BSD anymore. CG BL and V7 or Zaino ZCS with Z6/Z8 produce better and easier results or Optiseal and OID/OCW. Also, when I use PNS/BSD I am always afraid of scratching my paint (probably it's wrong but that's my fealing).

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast