autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Polymer Net Shield

silverfox has given me an idea. I applied PNS a few weeks ago to my car and although I complained of the "grabby" nature of the application, it still looks like I just put it on. This car is a true garage queen and I don't drive the car in the rain or when it is messy out. Nevertheless, I have driven it a couple hundred miles since application. There is no road film or dirt - it is like nothing clings to the car at all and that is amazing.

I usually give it a weekly wash but I have not really had to, only removing a few bugs with a QD. However, I was going to do a rinseless wash this weekend just to remove a little dust. Instead I plan on doing what silverfox did and foam, rinse and then dry with my blower. I bet I will not have to touch the paint either.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody knows what kind of durability PNS has?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    Does anybody knows what kind of durability PNS has?
    Probably 4 to 6 months under normal conditions. Longer for a garage queen or under good conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rj45 View Post
    Probably 4 to 6 months under normal conditions. Longer for a garage queen or under good conditions.
    Thanks for the reply. How long does it last in winter condition, with snow, salt, and so on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    Thanks for the reply. How long does it last in winter condition, with snow, salt, and so on?
    I haven't gone through a winter with PNS yet, but I'd say the lower end (4 months) is a close estimate. Of course, it depends on the severity of the winter, how often the car is washed, if a booster is used, etc. Road salt takes its toll on any LSP, so I don't think PNS's stellar beading will hang around all winter, but the remaining product will likely go on protecting fairly well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it's pointless to top this with a spray wax? I miss the slick feeling. Supposed to rain tomorrow so I'll see how it does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    I guess it's pointless to top this with a spray wax? I miss the slick feeling. Supposed to rain tomorrow so I'll see how it does.
    You top Sonax PNS with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. It's basically the friendly QD version of PNS which even on it's own can last 2-3 months. It's more of a spray sealant than anything else. It will add a little slickness over PNS but not much, not anything like an Aquawax or Reload. Just the nature of the beast, but what you lose in slickness you gain in water behavior and general ease of maintenance.

Short of coatings, and I'm currently a huge CQUK + Reload fan, Sonax PNS is easily the best sealant on the market IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I've topped PNS with BSD, Reload and most recently UQD. While all did a nice job restoring the just-waxed look, Reload and UQD left a slicker finish. UQD is a pretty nice product, especially for the money and its OTC convenience. I just bought a new bottle (on sale for $7 at the local Target) and thankfully Meguiar's replaced the pita ultra fine sprayer with a conventional unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rj45 View Post
    I've topped PNS with BSD, Reload and most recently UQD. While all did a nice job restoring the just-waxed look, Reload and UQD left a slicker finish. UQD is a pretty nice product, especially for the money and its OTC convenience. I just bought a new bottle (on sale for $7 at the local Target) and thankfully Meguiar's replaced the pita ultra fine sprayer with a conventional unit.
    Quick typo correction...I recently topped with UQW not UQD.

Post Thanks / Like

Just completed an exterior detail on a repeat customers vehicle this weekend. It has been 8 months since I applied PNS and it was still beading strong on most of the vehicle even after going through 6 months of Canadian winter.

Very impressed with this product.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast