autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Polymer Net Shield

Sonax is a stand alone sealant no need to top it.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got SPNS and Brilliant Shine QD... I was originally planning on polishing the 22ple off of my car and applying something new, but I really don't have the time to squeeze my own car into my schedule, and the paint doesn't really need to be polished since it was just done a year ago, so I think I will just see how the SPNS works on top of the coating.

WRX looks great btw!

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I applied SPNS to half of my vehicle for testing last night. I found application and removal to be pretty straight forward, but I hate how "grabby" it feels when first applying it. Any methods to reducing this?

I worked in smaller sections (approx. 2'x2'), spread the product in a cross hatch pattern to ensure even coverage and to spread it nice and thin, and then wiped off.

I removed it with a longer nap (Uber Quick Detail MF Towel - 600GSM) and I found it was also simple and left no streaking.

Can't wait to see how it looks!

Since I am a firm believer in trying out as many products as I can before making claims to my customers... my car now has CQ Finest on the hood, 22ple VX1 Pro everywhere else (applied about a year ago and still looks/works great), and I applied SPNS to the driver's side of the vehicle on top of the 22ple.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt find any..it was grabby on first pass but when i came back to go over to make sure full coverage it wasnt grabby anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlowWRX View Post
    I didnt find any..it was grabby on first pass but when i came back to go over to make sure full coverage it wasnt grabby anymore.
    Exactly the same experience I had... what I started doing (which helped a little) was dabbing the pad all over my working area before I started to rub it in, this way there was already some product on the surface for me to spread around. I found this also released some of the product that was absorbed into the pad, therefore I used very little product from the can.

Post Thanks / Like

When I deployed the net shield (haha) on my truck it was grabby too but the more I worked with it and the pad got wetter from section to section it grabbed less. I used the same applicator you used SlowWRX which worked great thanks to the stiffer foam handle. I think it's just the nature of the beast that it's grabby and it's reaction to water is worth the slight hassle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Exactly the same experience I had... what I started doing (which helped a little) was dabbing the pad all over my working area before I started to rub it in, this way there was already some product on the surface for me to spread around. I found this also released some of the product that was absorbed into the pad, therefore I used very little product from the can.
    I did not prefer to "prime" the area so to speak. I just spray it on a pad for 1-2 seconds then cross hatch it then immediately remove. I found using a thinner towel short nap side even unfolded made it much easier to buff off. It is extremely grabby in my opinion until it cures but it works fantastic and works great on glass as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    I did not prefer to "prime" the area so to speak. I just spray it on a pad for 1-2 seconds then cross hatch it then immediately remove. I found using a thinner towel short nap side even unfolded made it much easier to buff off. It is extremely grabby in my opinion until it cures but it works fantastic and works great on glass as well.
    Have you tried it on the windshield?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    Have you tried it on the windshield?
    I have. It works great but it does get streaky slightly if you use your windshield wipers. It works above 30mph or so, at highway speeds you don't need them at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    I have. It works great but it does get streaky slightly if you use your windshield wipers. It works above 30mph or so, at highway speeds you don't need them at all.
    I'm thinking it will be a good topper for my flyby30..

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast