autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Polymer Net Shield

I use the Carpro 4x4 Suede applicators keeping it damp with PNS, wrapped around Carpro Block to apply and the 14x14 Suede to remove . It was tricky for first couple applications . PNS is more then worth getting through the learning curve IMO. My work areas kept growing allot on me when I applied product to the surface , making it harder to remove for me .... Applying it to the applicator gave me the sense of I was controlling how things went . That suede glides crazy easy fellas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rj45 View Post
    Next time I apply PNS, I'll try using a damp MF applicator. It should make application even easier. Not sure how much it will affect its durability, though.

With experience, applying/removing PNS becomes less of a pita, but it's still not what I'd call a user-friendly product.
    Quote Originally Posted by zerix View Post
    What I do is prime a MF towel with Sonax BSD, not soak it, just get it damp, then spray PNS on that then wipe on (sometimes on the panel), I call this my wet towel then almost immediately wipe it off with another MF towel, I call this the semi-wet towel, finally buff the area with a dry towel. Works pretty well.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't reconcile the logic of adding anything to a product that isn't there from the manufacturer. Especially water, which is what you're trying to repel. Altering the chemical composition and ratios just doesn't seem like best practice to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I can't reconcile the logic of adding anything to a product that isn't there from the manufacturer. Especially water, which is what you're trying to repel. Altering the chemical composition and ratios just doesn't seem like best practice to me.
    I understand your thinking. I tend to agree with you. But, we all experiment around here, and sometimes it actually works out for the better. IMO, it's worth a try. If it seriously affects PNS's durability, then all that's lost is some time and a bit of product. When I say a damp applicator, I mean lightly damp (certainly not saturated or dripping wet). Just a little moisture which helps spread the polymers. If it works, it works...if not, no big loss.

Dampening the applicator with BSD shouldn't affect bonding as much as water, but water will likely spread PNS even easier since BSD doesn't spread that easily itself. Plus, its fairly thick consistency makes priming an applicator a bit more difficult than a light spray of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post

I wonder how much difference it really makes. Take Reload for instance. Doesn't Carpro recommend diluting it when working on darker colored vehicles? So instead of diluting it in the bottle using a damp towel should have the same effect. At least that's my thought on all this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rj45 View Post
    I understand your thinking. I tend to agree with you. But, we all experiment around here, and sometimes it actually works out for the better. IMO, it's worth a try. If it seriously affects PNS's durability, then all that's lost is some time and a bit of product. When I say a damp applicator, I mean lightly damp (certainly not saturated or dripping wet). Just a little moisture which helps spread the polymers. If it works, it works...if not, no big loss.

Dampening the applicator with BSD shouldn't affect bonding as much as water, but water will likely spread PNS even easier since BSD doesn't spread that easily itself. Plus, its fairly thick consistency makes priming an applicator a bit more difficult than a light spray of water.
    Yeah, the problem I have though is the product we are putting on is already so thin and we are conditioned to use so little that adding water even in small amounts is actually quite a bit in the relative scheme. Plus the initial damp sponge is going to mix with the product in a manner different to the dampness of the sponge at the end of the job. It's harder to control ratios over say, mixing in a bottle.

The other somewhat related point is that by messing with the application, those same folks might just come back in a month or two and gripe about longevity while everyone (including themselves) forgets they were monkeying with the process to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by dpk20x View Post
    I wonder how much difference it really makes. Take Reload for instance. Doesn't Carpro recommend diluting it when working on darker colored vehicles? So instead of diluting it in the bottle using a damp towel should have the same effect. At least that's my thought on all this.
    If a product is made to be diluted, or the manufacturer recommends it, so be it. That's not a listed best practice for PNS, and given it's exceptionally fast application and removal window, and oily texture when straight from the can, adding other chemicals seems (to me at least) to be a bad idea.

As for Reload, don't you wonder why they tell you to dilute on a dark vehicle but not light? It's all the same clear coat or coating the product is actually touching, right? My guess is if streaking is a problem on black/dark paint, it's also happening on light paint as well. And if diluting that product gives the same longevity as the product neat, then shouldn't you be diluting it for every vehicle to improve your margin?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Combination sonax nano and npt

http://youtu.be/SKAdRzgveqw

Post Thanks / Like

how many applications is everyone getting out of one can?

Post Thanks / Like

I got around 5 on my truck

Post Thanks / Like

I have done 3 vehicles with my can and the person that gave it to me had done one. I estimate that i still have enough left for 1-3 applications. It's hard to tell since it's aerosol.

Post Thanks / Like

My can is certainly going further than I originally thought.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast