autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Auto Finesse Revive

Just want to thanks to AG for the giveaway!!!

Auto Finesse Revive Trim Gel

Description

Revives and protects exterior plastic trim

Auto Finesse Revive Trim Gel is a thick, solvent-free dressing that protects and beautifies exterior plastic, rubber and vinyl trim. Auto Finesse Revive Trim Gel requires minimal effort to apply and the results are long lasting; treated surfaces will have a like-new finish that lasts weeks, not days. Auto Finesse Revive Trim Gel very easy to use; you might find yourself applying it after every wash!

Auto Finesse Revive Trim Gel is defined as a dressing, meaning it sits atop the surface and eventually wears off. It isn’t considered a trim restorer and it’s most certainly not intended to be. Revive Trim Gel has a lot of common with your favorite carnauba wax – it is a pleasure to work with and the results look so great you don’t mind applying it often!

Auto Finesse Revive Trim Gel is a thick gel that goes on thin and dries to the touch. What’s more, it won’t run off or streak when it gets wet. Auto Finesse Revive Trim Gel restores a factory-new finish without adding artificial gloss. What’s more, Revive Trim Gel actually protects treated surfaces. This isn’t your typical trim dressing!

Perfectly detailed trim complements smooth, glossy, slick paint; Auto Finesse makes achieving that easier than ever with Revive Trim Gel!

Price $13.99 for 250ml

Applying
    1. Shake well before use. This is important because the product does seem separate if let sit for a day.
    2. Ensure surface is clean and dry
    3. Use applicator pad with a small dot in the center and butterfly the pad
    4. work in to the grain in small areas
    5. Let cure for 20min before buffing off excess with MF towel

My thoughts

This product is a joy to work with. It goes on extremely easy! Unlike other trim restores like Black again it is not sticky and hard to spread. The applicator pad almost glides across the surface. Now the first set of photos come off my own car (yes I only test products out on my own car).

As you can see the revive does a great job at "restoring" (in the description it says that revive is not a restorer, they compare it to wax. It sits on top and will wear off) the faded looking trim. It really brings it back to life.

So the product says it is good for vinyl's. I had some fading carbon fiber vinyl on my roof and said why not give it a shot.

As you can see it does a fantastic job with the fading vinyl as well. I was throughly impressed after I saw this though.

The vinyl was beading like crazy!! Like they say in the product description it actually protects the trim.

So now we have to test how bad of trim we can actually restore. This is off a buddies isf from 2008 that looks like it has never had trim restored.

to

In Conclusion

I am very happy to have this product in my arsenal! Though it may not smell the best; it does exactly what it is supposed to do and does it very well. The ease of application, the beading, the depth at which it bring trims back to life, the smooth wet look. They all just draw me to this product over other trim restorers.

The real question that will determine if this product stays in my arsenal is durability. Only time will tell so I will give updates on how it is doing, but so far after 5 days it is holding up beautifully.
    Zapa's Detailing- In purist of perfection
    https://www.facebook.com/ZapasDetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. Good review!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Auto Finesse Revive

Very nice review. I'm interested in the longevity also. A couple questions I have is how much product did you end up using, and did you have to do more than one pass to get to that final result?
    "The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would appear to be." --- Socrates

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using it for over a year love the stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AC in OC View Post
    Very nice review. I'm interested in the longevity also. A couple questions I have is how much product did you end up using, and did you have to do more than one pass to get to that final result?
    I maybe used 10-15 ml for everything I showed. I only did a single pass. Did not even think to do a second pass after those results.
    Zapa's Detailing- In purist of perfection
    https://www.facebook.com/ZapasDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing. This is another AF product that interested me. Look forward to the durability posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zapa View Post
    I maybe used 10-15 ml for everything I showed. I only did a single pass. Did not even think to do a second pass after those results.
    Not bad, considering you did your entire roof. Looks like a little goes a long way. Let's see how it holds up over time. Look forward to your follow up. Thanks!
    "The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would appear to be." --- Socrates

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review!! I'm looking forward to doing my product reviews. Had lots of jobs lately but a lot of them have been coatings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good review, and sweet pictures! I was sent a sample of this from a friend and have only used it once. Although I love the look and ease of use, I don't enjoy working with the solvent smell and the durability isn't what I like either. A+ my friend.

-Beach
    People > Possessions
    Instagram: @DiamondDetail_ABQ
    www.diamonddetailabq.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great review and awesome pics! I don't think I've ever seen anyone restore carbon fiber vinyl before.

Shared and tagged on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Ray@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x245

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast